What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Even in his final season, his stats were really quite good.

I don't get the Mannah hate, tbh.

He was a more than solid player.

I have no problem with Timmy, but his stats reflected a lot of 'pre-contact' metres, particularly from kick offs. He was a good defender, and was ok at eating metres in between the 20 metre lines but he rarely bent the line (at least in last few seasons). He was also quite good at hitting the ground face down. But he wasn't in the top 50% of starting props in the NRL in my opinion anyway.

Loyalty is a two way street.

Hardly being forced out. The Warriors simply told him they wouldn't renew his contract after it expired at the end of 2022, but that he was free to go if he had another offer. From the article actually linked in that tweet:

“Anyway the next day I got an unsolicited email telling me Ken was free to find a new club and they’d grant him an immediate release if he got a suitable offer.

“He was not actively looking for a release as has been portrayed.

“He only asked for a release after the club told him he wouldn’t be offered anything beyond his contract expiry in 2022.”

The Warriors declined to comment.

hindy111

Post Whore
I have no problem with Timmy, but his stats reflected a lot of 'pre-contact' metres, particularly from kick offs. He was a good defender, and was ok at eating metres in between the 20 metre lines but he rarely bent the line (at least in last few seasons). He was also quite good at hitting the ground face down. But he wasn't in the top 50% of starting props in the NRL in my opinion anyway.

Good sides have forwards who skilled the defense then a quick play the ball. And ones who can pass to keep a backline movement or offload.
Mannah was ok 12yrs ago when props didn't need that much in their game. James Graheme in many ways changed the style for props.
RCG may not have this style but his fast exceleration means quick meters. He will push the line back and the a quick play the ball.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Imo been better then Jnr this season

We dont use Junior well at all near the try line.

We should be starting up some set plays near the try line with junior on the other edge to papali'i as a back rower instead of a battering ram hasnt worked since round 2 and even then he was out wide running over hughes and papenhuyzen i think.

Junior has enough skill and step about him to be able isolate the opposition the half near the tryline when attacking the redzone.

Latest posts