What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Maybe we really are looking at moving Waqa to the wing?
and Opa gone as well now that he’s been exposed as a Slovenian? Blake’s size and skill set is probably better suited to the wing so it makes sense to convert him, although he’s been a different player since switching to the left. The Schoupp rumour could have legs as I know we went after him hard 2 years ago.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well Ferguson may be on the way out, judging by team selection today.
Was confirmed on the way out months ago. We've told him he won't be re-signed. I don't think anything he could show would change that.

Interestingly, as it currently stands, 2022 might be the first time ever we haven't had a 30+ year old player in our squad. That will change if we re-sign Rankin, Oldfield or Smith.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Was confirmed on the way out months ago. We've told him he won't be re-signed. I don't think anything he could show would change that.

Interestingly, as it currently stands, 2022 might be the first time ever we haven't had a 30+ year old player in our squad. That will change if we re-sign Rankin, Oldfield or Smith.
We might lose a fan if we don't re-sign Smith.

hindy111

Post Whore

Smiths is a chance but I doubt the other 2 are.

TheRam

Coach
On Aaron Schoupp he would be a great signing, but apart from the fact that he still has a season to go on his contract with the Dogs, he(since he was a little one) and his whole family are mad Doggies supporters. So unless something major has happened to make a kid that has just been promoted to the NRL and I am sure very highly regarded at his current club, I find it hard to believe that he would just jump ship like that.

Maybe we have been eyeing him and discussions have been had of players that we would be interested in and his name came up, but it would be very weird and unlikely in my opinion that it would ever come true.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
On Aaron Schoupp he would be a great signing, but apart from the fact that he still has a season to go on his contract with the Dogs, he(since he was a little one) and his whole family are mad Doggies supporters. So unless something major has happened to make a kid that has just been promoted to the NRL and I am sure very highly regarded at his current club, I find it hard to believe that he would just jump ship like that.

Maybe we have been eyeing him and discussions have been had of players that we would be interested in and his name came up, but it would be very weird and unlikely in my opinion that it would ever come true.

what makes you think his family are mad dogs supporters (even if they are, NRL is a business….)?

anyhow if he was prepared to leave the Illawarra/Steelers at 18 to go to the dogs, I doubt going to the eels is a huge concern for him (if there are even any truth to the rumours)….

UPDATE - so Ram it’s from his debut interview where he mentions his family being dog supporters……..I doubt that will have a huge impact on his decision making

Additionally in the interview he mentions he isn’t top 30 or on a developmental contract. So maybe an indication the reason for the rumours

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore

The thing is. They have blocked many pathways with big money signings....
So you have Cotric,JAC,Allen,Meaney, There is also Burton,Flanagan and Aravilo for halves.
Unless they have given up on Flanagan all together.But if henpartners Burton Aravilo gets a spot in backline. Also another kid Amoti coming through who is a good centre and big wraps on.
Perhaps it's a case of what we could offer.

hindy111

Post Whore
We have realistically 2 spots open in the backline if someone better comes along.
Guys like Opacic and Dunster have been handed 1yr deal cause the club would be sold on them 100%. So we have 2 spots imo quite open if a better option comes along. I doubt those two are on anymore then 150-170k.

Latest posts