What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Moses is a different player to what he was at the tigers. Moses is pretty good at “game management” now. Brooks seems more a running half now then a “game management” half. With less responsibility/change of clubs Brooks could go ok.

And potentially pretty cheap for a half

only a suggestion for some discussion
Cheap? When hacks like Townsend can get around $800K at this stage of his career, what do you think Brooks will get? At least 600K, if you ask me. But in output and productivity terms during a game, I wouldn't give Townsend more then $300-350K and Brooks around $500K.

But there are desperate clubs out there and dumb arse recruitment staff and coaches no matter what supporters like Pou, even allowing that he spoke to B. Smith once, think.

Not everyone can be as good at it as Hindy111 and me.

TheRam

Coach
Klemmer is unhappy. I reckon he would be worth trying to snap up tbh. Especialy if could get for remainder of this season. Would be a great guy to have off our bench. An upgrade on all our 3 benchies.

Fu*k yeah!

But how do you know that he is unhappy Hindy and would he be cheap enough for us to be able to fit him in?

TheRam

Coach
Bronson Xerri..how much longer has the DSI to sit out..? A younger version of Michael Jennings..

Still 3 years away, isn't he? By the time he is available again, if we haven't sorted out our outside backs issue, then I dare say we may have lost our premiership window.

Soto

Bench
Collision and kick dependent attack that probably won't cut it at the pointy end of the season, especially when players by that stage are playing half busted and the teams that can play smart and have good defense generally win.
When canberra was bashing us in the corners the other night we didn't have the smarts to pass 2 or 3 wide quickly to get outside their compressed defence. We kept trying to go 1 out and our poor players were just getting smashed.

hindy111

Post Whore
Have you seen how he has been playing. He directly contributed to their losses since he got there with some of the bonehead and poor decisions he has executed.

I really don't understand the Cowboys recruitment with both him and Tom Dearden. Dearden too has been woeful at the Cowboys and has contributed to them losing games since arriving.

I don't get it at all. At the time of pre signing both these players, Nicho Hynes was still available and being offered to clubs. By all accounts he signed with the Sharks for around $600K. Now I am sure that Townsend signed for at least $500K and Dearden around $300K. Well it doesn't take a Rhodes scholar to work out if you combined their money you have Hynes money and then some.

So instead they sign two duds for the price of one excellent superstar? Jeez! And don't tell me that they couldn't tell that both Townsend and Dearden would be this bad and Hynes this good. I could and I'm sure I'm not alone. Oh and Pou always says that coaches and their staff know way more and better then us dumb, dumb supporters. Well here is a perfect example of them not knowing jack sh*t and getting it totally wrong.

Even if they made a better offer then the Sharks for Hynes and he rejected them for the Craig Fitzgibbon factor, they still should not have signed those two. They are terrible. But I would have made an offer for Hynes that he would have found way to hard to refuse. Around $750-800K would have gotten him for sure and then they would have had a great combination of S. Drinkwater and Hynes that will only get better.

Oh well, lets watch this space next year. Something tells me it won't end to well for those two duds, unless Drinkwater's game improves to the level that he overcomes them and their poor moments. If he can become more consistent and play at close to his best for entire games then he may not need them to do all that much. But if he remains similar to the way he is now and fades in and out of games and they need for either of those two turkeys to be the dominate play maker, then they will struggle.

What bad recruiting. They just stuffed up their halves. It will hold them back unless they somehow like a magician unearth a new play maker from out of the their cowboys hat.

Oh dear, after writing the above I thought to look up what was reported at the time of their signing and price. My God, even worse then what I thought.

Townsend, Cronulla’s only premiership-winning halfback, announced on Wednesday he will take up a three-year deal with North Queensland from 2022, believed to be worth in excess of $2 million.

Townsend's new contract sits closer to the $2.4 million mark over the same time frame, raking Townsend in around $800,000-a-season.

Tom Dearden will be leaving the club for rivals the North Queensland Cowboys next season on a three-year deal worth an estimated $1.1 million.

Cronulla-Sharks has signed a three-year, $ 1.8 million contract with Melbourne Storm star Nicho Hynes to begin at the start of the 2022 NRL season.

Chad to me looks like a guy whomis a bit better then NSW cup quality but very average at NRL. A plodder

hindy111

Post Whore
A big yes for Klemmer. He’s only 27 too. Could easily get a good 5 years out of him.

This year along with 2yrs would be be great. Lane,Marata and Kafusi are not at his level. Kafusi could get there but I don't think the other two can. They've hit their ceiling.

TheRam

Coach
When canberra was bashing us in the corners the other night we didn't have the smarts to pass 2 or 3 wide quickly to get outside their compressed defence. We kept trying to go 1 out and our poor players were just getting smashed.

That is why we either have really, really stupid players or they are coached to just tuck it under their arm and just hit it up. The coach calls it effort and percentage safe footy. Boy does he love safety first and effort plays. He has made an 8 year NRL career out of it. Why would he want to change?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hey guys got some info that Klemmer is unhappy at the Knights, what do you reckon peeps should be chase him at the right price??? Newy might tip some coin in.

TheRam

Coach
Chad to me looks like a guy whomis a bit better then NSW cup quality but very average at NRL. A plodder

Yes that is exactly what he is. At his peak he was surrounded by star and seasoned players and was good enough to do enough to guide the team around the park and occasionally star with his own great moments. He got consistent enough to manage a couple of decent seasons overall. I didn't mind him back then and if he maintained that type of form, he would be fine, but he hasn't and has regressed to the point of having really poor moments in attack and defense during games.

Not worth much more then $350K as backup money if teams and coaches weren't stupid or desperate.

hindy111

Post Whore
Cheap? When hacks like Townsend can get around $800K at this stage of his career, what do you think Brooks will get? At least 600K, if you ask me. But in output and productivity terms during a game, I wouldn't give Townsend more then $300-350K and Brooks around $500K.

But there are desperate clubs out there and dumb arse recruitment staff and coaches no matter what supporters like Pou, even allowing that he spoke to B. Smith once, think.

Not everyone can be as good at it as Hindy111 and me.

Hynes is a Matt moylan but plays tough. Brilliant and one atorm will regret losing.

I also think @TheRam for this season we need explosion. Cartwright for mine needs 40- 50mins a game at 2nd row. Id split it so Papali'i has a 15 mins rest. He plays with such intensity that he becomes gassed and leaves holes in defense. Id then give him 15mins in the middle. And Matterson 10-15mins at lock.

Another idea I've had which BA should consider is at first change you bring on Bryce and Lane and put them both in the 2nd row. And move Matterson and Pappa into the middle. Both offer more strike out wide and better offloads. Sure Matterson gets the ball away but I am talking those real offloads that puts a guy into space, not a scrappy pass out the back that leads to nothing but a few extra meters.

With Papa and Matto in the middle you then have a real fast and mobile defensive line. Marata also comes on at some point while Jnr,Brown,Rcg rest. They would come off over a staggered 10mins but what it enables is fast expansive footy pushing the ball wide and going after the edges.

Another option is you play what I call the offload machine. Here you use the same set up except start with Marata or Kafusi. And bring Jnr on first change. Let them use their power game to bash and brutalise the defense.
You then have Lane,Bryce,Jnr,Matterson,Papali on at same time once defense is tired. And you promote the offload for a 15min all out attack prior to halftime.

One of our problems I think is we use the same attacking structures and our bench in a mundane fashion. They just to a straight swap and plug and play. To predictable.

Latest posts