What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Give yourself an uppercut @TheRam
Seo Today Means - Signal Enhancement Online Give Yourself An Uppercut Emoji, Give Emoji - free transparent emoji - emojipng.com

eels_fan

First Grade
Connor Watson is apparently still unsigned for 2022. I'd be keen to bring him to the club and tempted to play him in the halves with Moses and shift Brown to the centres. Waqa to wing, Penisini the other centre... Backline needs an overhaul and new ideas asap

was just considering the same as I watch this game. Wish we’d made big play for Best before he resigned.
I’d take Watson though, he’s also a professional and genuine 14

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep probably bullshit , just passing it on. Most journalists say he will at least see out his final year of his contract.
I don't think we can afford for him not to. A bunch of merkins had to take pay cuts last year ffs. The rest got rissoled. We're not made of money.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I don't think we can afford for him not to. A bunch of merkins had to take pay cuts last year ffs. The rest got rissoled. We're not made of money.
That needs to be balanced against potential loss of revenue or sponsorship should fans or sponsors become dissatisfied given previous fade outs. There is currently massive anti BA sentiment out there. Additionally there are always the vocal detractors who initiate enormous pressure via the media on our Board and CEO. Its a business after all and its not unknown to throw a coach under the bus to protect ones self. These last 6 weeks, 1 down 5 to go, are massive for BA. Dont kid yourself otherwise.

IFR33K

Coach
Connor Watson is apparently still unsigned for 2022. I'd be keen to bring him to the club and tempted to play him in the halves with Moses and shift Brown to the centres. Waqa to wing, Penisini the other centre... Backline needs an overhaul and new ideas asap

yeah not convinced brown is a half. And we may struggle to find a decent centre so this (shifting brown) could be an option.

IFR33K

Coach

most clubs culled staff last year. Was it a case of not being able to afford them, or smart business? Plus every player took pay cuts too. Does that mean we can’t afford an elite player for 2022?

hindy111

Post Whore
These are facts.

We lost 3 of last 4.

To Panthers minus Cleary
Raiders minus Wighton we had no Moses
Rooster minus Keary we had no Moses

There is 5 games remaining. Lets say we only beat Cowboys and then get bundled out by Knights/Raiders/Titans or Sharks week 1. Which is what I expect is going to happen then BA will be gone.
It would be 8/10 games end of season we lost. Not the worse scenario.

The worse that could happen is we beat Cowboys and a weak Penrith side and perhaps the Sharks week 1 in finals then get belted the week after. Prob enough to keep BA.

I'm hoping however we beat Souths,Manly,Cowboys and Penrith. Finish top 4 and give it a shake. The Parra inside me hasn't given up hope yet. This is ideal result.

Latest posts