What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Interesting in the pre-match press conference today a journo asked BA about the clubs media release last night about putting Gutho's contract talks on hold until the end of the season, and if that was going to be the same for all players to allow the team to focus on footy.

BA said he wasnt aware of the clubs media release, or that a decision to suspend contract talks had taken place...

What a rabble. BA is either on the way out so they are not including him in discussions, or the club's communication is pathetic. or both.
He doesn't want to talk about it and give the media more ammo to wedge the club, so he plays dumb and asks for the next question. I don't know why you need this shit explained to you. Again.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm not sold on Flanagan as a person.

Presided over the team while they got juiced up. Yes he may not have had full knowledge, but he should have. Wanna give him benefit of the doubt, sure, ok.

Presided over a team cheating the salary caps in the years prior to, and after, winning the comp. Yes he may not have had full knowledge, but he should have. Wanna give him the benefit of the doubt, sure, ok.

Was suspended and given strict instructions on what he could/couldnt do/contact in terms of involvement in the club. Was busted flaunting/breaking said rules. Wanna give him the benefit of the doubt.....

At some point the benefit of the doubt is removed.
Personally I want a coach that does whatever it takes to win, short of breaking the law. The NRL's rules and directives aren't the law.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
He doesn't want to talk about it and give the media more ammo to wedge the club, so he plays dumb and asks for the next question. I don't know why you need this shit explained to you. Again.
Well he shouldn't have said he knows nothing about it, that gives the media more ammo to say he's being kept out of the loop.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Robinson won six games (same as us in 2018) in his fourth season.
But by then he’d won a comp and had a couple of minor premierships, what had Bea achieved?? That was the year their captain was caught humping a dog and they’d let go Jennings and Maloney. It was the poor year they had to have. In 2018 we were one of the premiership favs and it was an utter disgrace that roster won a spoon. The only bigger disgrace is the fact we are still arguing over him and that he’s still here.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
My mail is "not in a million years".
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
for a club that has a committee of 5 for recruiting players, I doubt any mail that Flanagan is on the way, without running a selection process, is anything other then crap!!

and by all reports BA is still coach and under contract. Thus I doubt the board has initiated any selection process!!