What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
In the post game interview on Fox the other night, Tommy T was asked by Ennis (I think) whether given Des's strength in defence coaching, he (Tommy), DCE and I think he said Foran, were responsible for planning and training in the attacking structures. Turbo laughed it off and mentioned the assistants but I think it was interesting that a former FG player such as Ennis would allude to the fact that the senior players have a lot of say in how a team actually plays the game.

Wonder if our senior players

Mark Levy tonight discussed the eels with Gal.
Levy said its a perfect job for flanno.
Gal said flanno knows how to rebuild a side and win a premiership.
Levy wants Arthur gone.
Gal said its not a premiership roster.
Listen in around 14mins.

Get it done.
Keep BA as pathways coach

Eelogical

Referee
This could be just the losing streak we had to have. Imagine rocking up to the finals having lost six of our last seven and all the stories are about how all our players hate each other's guts and we're no chance... zero expectations!!
It's easy to imagine. I only have to look at our last four post game comments threads on here to see the similarities.

eels_fan

First Grade
If anyone has a subscription to The Australian, Brent Read’s just dropped 2 articles on us. One about how Hayne is somehow impacting us, and another about how we are now being sued for the 2016 salary cap breach.

can’t read them or post them though as only have a news ltd subscription

If anyone has a subscription to The Australian, Brent Read’s just dropped 2 articles on us. One about how Hayne is somehow impacting us, and another about how we are now being sued for the 2016 salary cap breach.

The second was mentioned on 360 and it's a liquidated company that paid about 200K in TPAs wanting their money back. Doesn't seem like anything to worry about.

JokerEel

Coach

Club is being sued by Liquidators as they paid 3rd party parents to Hayne and Watmough..

Nothing but more of a dig at the club.

Johnny88

Juniors

Brad Fittler adds fuel to Parramatta Eels coaching rumours with cryptic response​

Brad Fittler insists there is no substance to the current rumours linking him to the Parramatta Eels head coaching job.

But the incumbent NSW Blues boss stopped well short of ruling himself out of the running for Brad Arthur’s job, declaring ‘you never know what’s around the corner’.
Well (SMH reporter) Michael Chammas rang me and that was the first I’d heard of it,” Fittler told Wide World of Sports Radio when asked about the Eels rumours on Wednesday night.

“I think it’s a wonderful club, it’s got a wonderful ground, a wonderful supporter base, they’re in a really strong position.

“They’re getting hammered at the moment in the media although they’ve done a good enough job to be where they are at the moment and I wish them all the best for the rest of the year.

“But it’s where I started my career as a kid (in the Parramatta junior competition).

“And at the moment the Roosters aren’t losing their coach and Penrith aren’t losing theirs so if I was going to go back to NRL coaching I think Parramatta would be a great club.”

Pressed on his non-answer by co-host Mark Levy, Fittler replied: “You know what, I’m not doing anything, what I do at the moment I love.

“I love coaching NSW and it allows me to do a lot of other things than just the coaching.

“Also, with Channel 9 I love being involved with rugby league, I miss not being at the footy and being part of the atmosphere.

“I’m going kicking and screaming from my roles at the moment, let me tell you, but you never know what’s around the corner.”

Audio link

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Mark Levy tonight discussed the eels with Gal.
Levy said its a perfect job for flanno.
Gal said flanno knows how to rebuild a side and win a premiership.
Levy wants Arthur gone.
Gal said its not a premiership roster.
Listen in around 14mins.

Mark Levy is a nobody. Aldi Ray Hadley wannabe.

Bandwagon

Staff member
A month or so ago we were all in here arguing about sacking BA cause we couldn't win pretty.

Good times.

84 Baby

Referee

Brad Fittler adds fuel to Parramatta Eels coaching rumours with cryptic response​

Brad Fittler insists there is no substance to the current rumours linking him to the Parramatta Eels head coaching job.

But the incumbent NSW Blues boss stopped well short of ruling himself out of the running for Brad Arthur’s job, declaring ‘you never know what’s around the corner’.
Well (SMH reporter) Michael Chammas rang me and that was the first I’d heard of it,” Fittler told Wide World of Sports Radio when asked about the Eels rumours on Wednesday night.

“I think it’s a wonderful club, it’s got a wonderful ground, a wonderful supporter base, they’re in a really strong position.

“They’re getting hammered at the moment in the media although they’ve done a good enough job to be where they are at the moment and I wish them all the best for the rest of the year.

“But it’s where I started my career as a kid (in the Parramatta junior competition).

“And at the moment the Roosters aren’t losing their coach and Penrith aren’t losing theirs so if I was going to go back to NRL coaching I think Parramatta would be a great club.”

Pressed on his non-answer by co-host Mark Levy, Fittler replied: “You know what, I’m not doing anything, what I do at the moment I love.

“I love coaching NSW and it allows me to do a lot of other things than just the coaching.

“Also, with Channel 9 I love being involved with rugby league, I miss not being at the footy and being part of the atmosphere.

“I’m going kicking and screaming from my roles at the moment, let me tell you, but you never know what’s around the corner.”

Audio link

Another Parra junior we failed to keep… probably in favour of signing BA

Latest posts