What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Not really. I think we don't have enough people doing the work. If we needed to replace the head of the junior recruitment/retention program we don't need to sack the current guy. We can keep his expertise (he must have some or we wouldn't have had so many SG Ball players carving up in reserve grade) and move him to a more suitable job.

This is where you're wrong. Every club knows who the best junior players are. They just don't all have the same recruiting power in signing them. Look at Suaali, he's from the Penrith district but couldn't get out of there quick enough when Souths came knocking. As soon as the Roosters decided they wanted him he wiped Souths like a dirty bum. Do you think the Bunnies didn't know how good he was? Everyone did. But only one club could get him.

Klemmer says hi, not to mention the 2 from Manly I already brought up. The rest of your comments are even sillier so I won't bother responding to them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Klemmer says hi, not to mention the 2 from Manly I already brought up.
I bet everyone knew how good those kids were. They watch all the games. They can see who the best players are.

"Parra didn't want him" is code for Parra couldn't offer as much as this other moneybags club, without making the player and his family look like disloyal mercenary merkins. But bogans gonna boag.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
B Arthur needs to drop the Mr nice guy and turn into a whinger
We need to be less worried about 'discipline' and test the refs out. We've gone from least penalised to third least penalised, so we're getting there. Given every penalty you concede means there were another X number of penalties the ref wouldn't blow, it stands that the more penalties you concede the more you're getting away with, over a large enough sample at least. Or to a point anyway. There would be clubs who get away with a higher percentage of illegal incidents that disadvantage the opposition. Look at Cleary's shepherd and Luai's professional foul.

Of the four teams remaining in the finals, only Souths were more 'disciplined' than us (or at least less penalised). The Storm, Panthers and Chooks were all around mid-table for penalties conceded per game: https://www.nrl.com/stats/teams/?competition=111&season=2021&stat=1000026

King-Gutho94

Coach
We need to be less worried about 'discipline' and test the refs out. We've gone from least penalised to third least penalised, so we're getting there. Given every penalty you concede means there were another X number of penalties the ref wouldn't blow, it stands that the more penalties you concede the more you're getting away with, over a large enough sample at least. Or to a point anyway. There would be clubs who get away with a higher percentage of illegal incidents that disadvantage the opposition. Look at Cleary's shepherd and Luai's professional foul.

Of the four teams remaining in the finals, only Souths were more 'disciplined' than us (or at least less penalised). The Storm, Panthers and Chooks were all around mid-table for penalties conceded per game: https://www.nrl.com/stats/teams/?competition=111&season=2021&stat=1000026
I heard BA say on radio this year that we were the most penalised team in 2018 so he has made since then we fixed our discipline so we are not giving penaties away. I don't know how much we have improved.

We didn't handle the crackdown well early in 2018 though. I dont think we won a game in that 6 weeks.

hindy111

Post Whore
Clubs without juniors recruit where the juniors are. Why would they do otherwise? It's not like we can stop them. Can you imagine someone trying to tell @hindy111 he can only do electrician work in his local area? Sydney is a big place with a lot of people selling hand wired amplifiers, and a lot of NRL clubs competing for Sydney local juniors.

That would be a dream come true. I don't want to drive down Parramatta Rd.
BTW got another sale today to a guy in Melbourne. 3 weeks ago one in Tweed Heads. I am national business. Even have sent one to Perth.

hindy111

Post Whore
We are talking about NRL juniors here mate not the best electrician in the country that is in demand not only domestically, but internationally and world renown.

Get a grip pal. Footy players are a dime a dozen. @hindy111 is a one of a kind electrical maestro genius and everyone knows it. Demand has been at fever pitch since he was 12, in long pant, and he slipped on his first pair of rubber shoes.

As for our juniors getting poached, like I said, if we set it up with the right scouts and development officers and systems in place, we would lose very few if any of the real good ones that we wanted. The only ones that may sneak through should be the late bloomer, or personal reasons type. Otherwise we keep them ALL.

No kid leaves and goes to out of the area if we look after him. Why would you? They love playing at home and with their mates. We just have to make sure that we recognise them and keep on them so they know we value them. Most of the kids that I am seeing that come back to bite us have been the Schuster type, where we neglected them and it was obvious that they were the best in their age group coming through. That should NEVER happen. That is a weakness in our people and a breakdown in our systems.

I've had offers from the Japanese government to design and wire their control systems and the Germans have been head-hunting me for years to help with their submarines electronics.
But I would miss the footy. Wouldn't be worth it. Plus what about Bones on Bones?

I also hotrodded @Gary Gutful vibrator into a 3000rpm multi speed with super thrust action. He can confirm what great job I did. @strider was so impressed on testing he ordered 4.

hindy111

Post Whore
I was making a separate point (two actually), but using yours as a segue.

Dk8dF-.gif

Did you get that off Gronk?

strider

Post Whore
I've had offers from the Japanese government to design and wire their control systems and the Germans have been head-hunting me for years to help with their submarines electronics.
But I would miss the footy. Wouldn't be worth it. Plus what about Bones on Bones?

I also hotrodded @Gary Gutful vibrator into a 3000rpm multi speed with super thrust action. He can confirm what great job I did. @strider was so impressed on testing he ordered 4.
i'm sending em back for a full refund
rabbit