What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
Because we would've f**ken won with Smith's mad kicking game or Rankin's defence? Give it a f**ken rest. Mitch Moses is irreplaceable in our team. Brad Arthur's job rides on who he picks as backups, and going forward these youngsters need opportunities. Why give them to merkins who won't be here next year?
Are Smith and Rankin leaving?

emjaycee

Coach
I watched 3 NSW cup games and he was the standout in every one.
In his short stint on the field against the Panthers he looked ok.

Possible 2022 Forwards:

Middles:
RCG
Junior
Kaufusi
Hollis
Makatoa
Greig
Nrown
Stone
(Lane)
(Papali'i)
(Nuikore)

Edges:
Papali'i*
Lane*
Niukore*
Matterson
Cartwright
Higrave

*able to play in the middle or edge

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Every edge forward can play middle. The question is whether they are suitable there. I was impressed with Matterson in the middle against Penrith. But I also love his defence on the edge.

Noise

Coach
Every edge forward can play middle. The question is whether they are suitable there. I was impressed with Matterson in the middle against Penrith. But I also love his defence on the edge.
I would be interested to see how many tries were scored on the edge where Matterson defended this year vs tries scored on the same side when he was injured / suspended vs tries scored on the other side of the field. Would take way too long to work out. For some reason our winning percentage is better with him not in the team.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I would be interested to see how many tries were scored on the edge where Matterson defended this year vs tries scored on the same side when he was injured / suspended vs tries scored on the other side of the field. Would take way too long to work out. For some reason our winning percentage is better with him not in the team.
Poo has those stats in his 64 page exercise book. Just ask ffs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
An example of a sample so small it provides little insight. I guess it's safe to say Matterson is very replaceable, despite being well inside our best 17.

Noise

Coach
An example of a sample so small it provides little insight. I guess it's safe to say Matterson is very replaceable, despite being well inside our best 17.
It stems from someone who knows footy told me a while back that Matterson's decision making and work from the inside is not as great as it should be. His hit and stick is good though.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
There'd be close to a hundred gibberers on here doing your job easy and devaluing your position as chief whinger.
It’s good to know I’m very replaceable, unlike Bea imagine if we replace him we will be straight back to the bald whoops bad old days.

Stability god damn it!!

SneakyEel

Juniors
Saw today that Fusitu'a was hanging out with the Parra boys on Instagram. Could be a sign he might be with us next year. Personally, I'm all for it, a good player and would be cheap. Told by the Warriors to look elsewhere.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Saw today that Fusitu'a was hanging out with the Parra boys on Instagram. Could be a sign he might be with us next year. Personally, I'm all for it, a good player and would be cheap. Told by the Warriors to look elsewhere.
Would be a decent cheap replacement for Fergo. His best is very good.

Pazza

First Grade
It stems from someone who knows footy told me a while back that Matterson's decision making and work from the inside is not as great as it should be. His hit and stick is good though.

it seems as if when he plays edge on the right side, we are always short on defenders when the opposition shifts the ball. Seemed to have become a lot better when Marata was in the 12. Now was this because of Marta or Penisini's rise as first choice right centre? I will say a number of centres have played that position and all had the same issues, it seemed to shift once Marata moved to edge forward.

Pazza

First Grade

There are a few positions up grabs in this team IMO:
- Both wings
- Left edge back row
- Bench Utility
- Bench forward

Its going to be an exciting off season.

Latest posts