What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
B.Smith is a better player from what I've seen. Grant had a terrible season compared to last.
Grant could improve and while he is very good at his strength, he’s a one trick pony (I’m seem to recall someone suggesting that last year) and his defence isn’t as good as others (except for getting away with flopping and working over tackled players).
I’m sure they’d like to keep him but right now (or in 12 months time) if they’re forced to choose, I reckon Bellamy goes Bmith

King-Gutho94

Coach
Fine for a back up. Didn't Oakland make it hard for themself today. Still to win after down 14-0 is good. Everything went wrong the last 5. Missed extra point. A 4th an 8 completed.
Touchdown on 4th and goal.

I hate when teams do a drive where they run it 3 x when not a heap of time. I think there was 3.40 when Oakland began last drive on their own 40. Teams know you'll just run. Miami had 3 time outs. They had to go for points. 30yards and a field goal seals it. Different story if under 2 mins to go. But all there time outs and 3.40 is dumb.

Yep the play calling from miami was ridiculous in the last 2 mins of regular time.

Then in OT should have just risked it they nailed 2 4th down previously it was 4 and 2 they had to score a TD to win it

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fine for a back up. Didn't Oakland make it hard for themself today. Still to win after down 14-0 is good. Everything went wrong the last 5. Missed extra point. A 4th an 8 completed.
Touchdown on 4th and goal.

I hate when teams do a drive where they run it 3 x when not a heap of time. I think there was 3.40 when Oakland began last drive on their own 40. Teams know you'll just run. Miami had 3 time outs. They had to go for points. 30yards and a field goal seals it. Different story if under 2 mins to go. But all there time outs and 3.40 is dumb.

I am really impressed - they're the sorts of games we usually lose.

But Carr's composure has been unreal, and Edwards has been phenomenal.

84 Baby

Referee
While Grant didn’t have a great season I think he’s way more talented than Brandon Smith. His best is better than Smiths best easily.
Bmith is way better defensively
Grant has a way flashier running game but really is only slightly better
Neither have outstanding passing
Both have average kicking
Bmith has better fitness
Grant has more potential and if we gave Rheed benefit of doubt than Grant in only his second year should get it to
Scum are more likely to keep Grant because (until Bris2 actually arrives) Bmith will likely receive more offers, pushing him into overs territory for Scum, but I reckon they’d prefer to keep Bmith over Grant at the moment

TheRam

Coach
I’d target Brandon Smith if we lose Mahoney or not.

That's what we should have done to replace N. Brown before we resigned him. To late now. We have to focus on our outside speed if we want to find an X factor.

Maybe go to Fiji and try to find the new Semi. In fact I would have a permanent scout out there going through every village all year round and looking to sign the best young talent they have. I would make it one of our main recruitment areas. Turn it into Parras version of Penriths Dubbo.

TheRam

Coach
Where do I apply ? :cocktail:

No lefty scouts allowed I'm afraid. You would want to give all the kids a trophy and a contract. Not the way the real world works friend.

But don't lose heart mate I got you covered. When we're looking to fill our cheer squad, you will definitely be at the front of the line. So get your pom poms ready and skirt ironed Gronky. The tryouts are coming soon and you don't want to miss your calling champ. It would be unforgiveable.

Go the Eels!

TheRam

Coach

People need to know the rules better.

The rules allow any club to talk to any player at anytime they want, years before a players contract expires if they so chose to.

What they aren't allowed to do though is table a formal contract offer to the player till November 1st prior to the last season of his current contract.

We for example could go and talk to Xavier Savage right now about joining us in 2024 since he is contracted till the end of 2023, but we couldn't offer him a concrete formal offer until November 1st next year 2022.