What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No, I said that I think we will now make the GF under BA. So to answer your question, yes we can get to the next level under BA. I couldn't give a f**k about his assistants. Maybe he will acquire new ones eventually. Now would we be having this conversation if we made the preliminary final? I don't think we would.
But we didn't make the prelim final, just like the other 7 seasons he has been in charge. 8 seasons and nothing but a spoon.

Our shit house attack cost us the game more than any refereeing decisions did, we had so much ball that last 20 mins and all we offered was block plays and crash balls and you don't think better assistants are important??? Tell that to the top coaches who surround themselves with the best assistant coaches in the NRL. So we win the GF just because i suppose.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
But we didn't make the prelim final, just like the other 7 seasons he has been in charge. 8 seasons and nothing but a spoon.

Our shit house attack cost us the game more than any refereeing decisions did, we had so much ball that last 20 mins and all we offered was block plays and crash balls and you don't think better assistants are important??? Tell that to the top coaches who surround themselves with the best assistant coaches in the NRL. So we win the GF just because i suppose.
Hiney. When it mattered most, Souths had shithouse attack. Melbourne did too. Penrith had shithouse attack all. finals series. Do they have shit assistants?

hindy111

Post Whore

Didn't look like scoring in 80mins. Suprised people blame the reff so much. Penriths defense was awesome thou.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Not true. They sliced Penrith open a few times and had walker passed short and not long they most likely score. Instead he gave an intercept.
We didn't really look like puncturing their line. Amd we had great ball. South didn't.
Well you don't get any points for nearly scoring. Just like BA isn't getting any credit for nearly getting to week 3.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hiney. When it mattered most, Souths had shithouse attack. Melbourne did too. Penrith had shithouse attack all. finals series. Do they have shit assistants?
Any of those coaches have trouble making a prelim the last 8 years??? If this year's attack was a one off i'd buy it but our attack has been junk for most of the 8 years Bea has been here and what a surprise. So has his assistant and attack coach, coincidence i think not......

emjaycee

Coach
Not true. They sliced Penrith open a few times and had walker passed short and not long they most likely score. Instead he gave an intercept.
We didn't really look like puncturing their line. Amd we had great ball. South didn't.
Walker passed long because he panicked. He panicked because despite what Souffs had thrown for 70+ minutes, they were met at every turn by Penriths defence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Any of those coaches have trouble making a prelim the last 8 years??? If this year's attack was a one off i'd buy it but our attack has been junk for most of the 8 years Bea has been here and what a surprise. So has his assistant and attack coach, coincidence i think not......
We scored 24 points per game in last year's finals. We also scored five tries against the Knights. Give some credit to Penrith's defence.

Noise

Coach
We scored 24 points per game in last year's finals. We also scored five tries against the Knights. Give some credit to Penrith's defence.
Penrith’s defence was awesome which is why there was no guarantee we would have scored if the ref didn’t stop play because of the foot injury. Merkins here are saying if it wasn’t for that we probably would have been playing in the grand final. What a load of crap. There is every chance Penrith hold us out as they did to us all game and to teams all final series. Even if we did, we all know how we go against the Storm in the finals.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Penrith’s defence was awesome which is why there was no guarantee we would have scored if the ref didn’t stop play because of the foot injury. Merkins here are saying if it wasn’t for that we probably would have been playing in the grand final. What a load of crap. There is every chance Penrith hold us out as they did to us all game and to teams all final series. Even if we did, we all know how we go against the Storm in the finals.

We didn't find space. Souths found holes and created chances. We didn't trouble their defense.

Our attack is a bit slow and pedestrian. Same as Penrith by season end thou. There attack was shot.

Bandwagon

Staff member

No guarantees for sure, but by the same token in a tight defense oriented game like that breaking down the oppositions defence to the point where you have created the opportunity to score doesn't happen often, it's a few moments that turn the game, and that was one of those moments.

We had pulled apart their defence and they were scrambling, this is undeniable, it's evidenced by their coaching staff illegally putting a halt to the game from the side line, they did that because and only because they could see what every other merkin could see.

We'll can't know if we would have scored, but we do know we were denied the opportunity at that point when it was there.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Which begs the question, why did we have great ball?

It certainly wasn't luck.

So it must have been some other reason.......

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Correct me if I'm wrong but our attack was stunted by the lack of direction from dummy half. If we had Mahoney or Lussick at 9 I think we would have won the game.
We may well have, what’s been the excuse for the attack the last 8 seasons before that game??

Glenneel

Bench
No idea, you’d argue some of our young backs still have improvement in them and Kaufusi, Brown and Mahoney are still young enough.

But guys like Paulo,RCG, Moses and Guth have reached their ceilings, can Papa back up this years effort?? Debatable, and as for the coaching staff do you honestly believe they are capable of getting this team to the next level from what we have seen from them the last 8 years???

Come on mate!!
Hopefully they work on RCG to get him to develop an offload/pass which would make him a even better player. Drown and Mahoney will further improve you'd assume with our great coaches.