What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bandwagon

Staff member
once again, where are you getting this from ?

When I was a wee tacker my family moved from Melbourne to Brisbane, my brother who is a coupla years older and had been playing juniors in Melbourne had no trouble finding a comp to play in, this woulda been early to mid 70's.

From memory plenty of schools and parks had four posts at each end of the oval, the AFL didn't even exist back then.

T-Boon

Coach
Not a fan of calling them just the dolphins.
Needs to have a geographical reference.

Just stick with redcliffe seems to be the nrl want to go down the super rugby route by calling teams by names without attaching a geographical reference to them which is just as important to the name imo.

I wouldn't have a clue where those NZ and south africa teams come from in rugby.

I will always refer to us as Parra instead of eels.

I will say one thing though i never noticed this until today but are the NRL pushing out the geographical location off the teams logos.

I heard a rumour they told newcastle to remove the word newcastle off the logo a few years back.

So i looked and
Knights dont have newcastle in it.
Panthers dont have penrith in it.
Warriors dont have new Zealand in it.
Cowboys dont have North Queensland in it
Bulldogs dont have Canterbury in it.

I don't mind that. If the town wants to be referred to on the jersey let the council pay for it.
I would love us to drop the Parramatta from the badge and instead have it in big print where the main sponsors name is and collect a mill plus have a cleanish jersey.

gaffer

Juniors
images.jpgLike this one
I don't mind that. If the town wants to be referred to on the jersey let the council pay for it.
I would love us to drop the Parramatta from the badge and instead have it in big print where the main sponsors name is and collect a mill plus have a cleanish jersey.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
quiet a few people have all of Sivo, Opacic and Mahoney in the Dolphins team, this is in a thread in the NRL forum, not journos so no rumours, well not yet at least

T-Boon

Coach
quiet a few people have all of Sivo, Opacic and Mahoney in the Dolphins team, this is in a thread in the NRL forum, not journos so no rumours, well not yet at least
I can see them wanting Mahoney but we'd appose that and he likes the Eels.

T-Boon

Coach
Rugby league will slowly die. Results is we are getting wealthier and more knowledgeable.
That's what will end it. People understand now concussions are concerning. And plenty of people won't let their kids play it based on more and more information on head knocks. Watch all the guys who played in the 80s and early 90s for bread and butter come out for compensation soon. I see a huge legal class action.
Ultimately I think this is what kills rugby league and nothing else.
That is an interesting one.
I agree that it is going to decline in popularity. Success in life is getting more and more dependent on the cerebral and less on the physical so you cant mess up your brain.
However, I think certain rule changes can make the game a lot safer.

hindy111

Post Whore
That is an interesting one.
I agree that it is going to decline in popularity. Success in life is getting more and more dependent on the cerebral and less on the physical so you cant mess up your brain.
However, I think certain rule changes can make the game a lot safer.

The fact is they have taken the smaller men out of the game. So it become just a power game. Most clubs wouldn't even bother with a talent like Preston Campbell.

T-Boon

Coach
Papenhouso, Luke Keary, Blayke Brailey, Jayden Sullivan, Daine Laurie, Sean O' Sullivan, Tom Starling.
Not good examples: Keary gets knocked out 3 times a game. Pap gets injured 3 times a game and the other guys are fringe players.

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
The fact is they have taken the smaller men out of the game. So it become just a power game. Most clubs wouldn't even bother with a talent like Preston Campbell.
A good example is Reed Mahoney. It is a horrid ad for the game into the future that he makes 60 tackles a game. I know us meat heads get stiffies about that but the mums AND DADS are like "no thanks". And then he gets injured every second game and us meat heads are like "no fair!".

Angry_eel

First Grade
Why would anyone with cash to splash want Opacic? Handy backup but hardly going to set the world on fire.