What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
Semi I guess did but in a way was bought in from Fiji and was nothing but dramas.

The question for 2022 is who debuts? I won't count guys who got a run in the last rnd against Penrith so if they force way in this year I would see it as warranted.
This season we unearthed Penisini which was fantastic. But I still feel we need to be bringing more then 1 kid a year. I guess Russel also did debut and Arthurs so it was what we need to see every year.

Lets hope Hollis who many don't rate steps up. I think he has a future tbh.

I rate Hollis. Big motor.

Loizou will likely get more game time.

And I wouldn't be too surprised if Matthew Komolafe got a run.

Salesi Fainga'a may get a chance.

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
Semi I guess did but in a way was bought in from Fiji and was nothing but dramas.

The question for 2022 is who debuts? I won't count guys who got a run in the last rnd against Penrith so if they force way in this year I would see it as warranted.
This season we unearthed Penisini which was fantastic. But I still feel we need to be bringing more then 1 kid a year. I guess Russel also did debut and Arthurs so it was what we need to see every year.

Lets hope Hollis who many don't rate steps up. I think he has a future tbh.
Hollis is one example of unfortunately having his progress stalled due to covid.

Poor kid has only played a dozen games or so in 2 years. Then copped an injury to his thumb just before they relocated to QLD so he missed out in the back end of the year by not being in QLD.

Hopefully these 19-20 year olds dont get lost as they have all basically missed 2 years of development if they weren in first grade.

TheRam

Coach
Interesting part is that he’s a Parra junior, sniped by Manly from Westfields Sports High as is the rest of his family. When Manly appointed the sport master as part of their recruitment staff, it has paid enormous dividends. As I’ve said before, we were far too complacent when it started and still haven’t got back into the school in any comprehensive way.

Yes, maybe the final part of the jigsaw that needs to be addressed. We should have first pick of all the kids coming out of that school.

Rocket man

Juniors
Whil

Whilst I agree, Matto is often left on the ground during the opposition ptb. With regards to Carty, he will no doubt be moved into the middle. Nothing surer. Its BAs thing.
In
I just feel Matterson is our best defending forward and in the middle with RCG he plugs the gap Jnr will leave on occasions.

Impacts players for me are guys who have raw power. I do not see this in Cartwright. But let's say the defense is a little tired imagine having guys like Brown,Papali and Kafusi steaming up the middle. It would be a nightmare.

Interesting part is that he’s a Parra junior, sniped by Manly from Westfields Sports High as is the rest of his family. When Manly appointed the sport master as part of their recruitment staff, it has paid enormous dividends. As I’ve said before, we were far too complacent when it started and still haven’t got back into the school in any comprehensive way.
Not much chance of becoming involved with Westfield if the sports master is still involved with the Manly recruitment system. Maybe we could offer the sports master a deal he could not refuse or encourage future kids to attend different schools.

T-Boon

Coach
Hollis is one example of unfortunately having his progress stalled due to covid.

Poor kid has only played a dozen games or so in 2 years. Then copped an injury to his thumb just before they relocated to QLD so he missed out in the back end of the year by not being in QLD.

Hopefully these 19-20 year olds dont get lost as they have all basically missed 2 years of development if they weren in first grade.
there should be a 10 round lower grade season over the summer. Played in quarters, unlimited interchange or whatever/

The Eel

Juniors
There will be some interesting players next season.

Kafusi - He needs to cement a spot now in the NRL. He has been eased in but has turned 22 now. Should be now looking to be always chosen unless an injury.

Dunster - If he can go up a gear we have a long term wing prospect. As it stand he is a good option but a big off season and he will own the position.

Penisini - Have little doubts that he is going to be in the side every week now.

Greig - Could end up being a bench option

Russel - I think he will be in and out if the NRL this season.

D.Brown - Time to step up after a few years now in the NRL.

Others who might be interesting are Hollis,Stone and Hands if we signed him. Our depth should be strong with a lot of guys pressing g that are up and comers not old and experienced.
Kaufusi and Drown are yet to prove to me they will make it as good FG players. Of course I hope I am wrong.

hindy111

Post Whore
Kaufusi and Drown are yet to prove to me they will make it as good FG players. Of course I hope I am wrong.

Brown will player 15yrs in the NRL. Just at what level?
Kafusi if he is going to step up it will be 2022. I think now its his time to go to that level where if fit he is always picked in the top 17.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In

Not much chance of becoming involved with Westfield if the sports master is still involved with the Manly recruitment system. Maybe we could offer the sports master a deal he could not refuse or encourage future kids to attend different schools.
Manly don't own the school. They just have one of the school's employees on a part time gig.

The Eel

Juniors
They are already good NRL players…it’s just how good will they be….
I take both you and Pou's point mate. I am yet to see either player have blinders. I hope they come good and blitz it, I really do, . I personally have not seen it. That is just my opinion