What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
One thing that did come out of that interview was heaps of Scum players live near one and other. Whilst it has probably driven a lot of the bad parts of their culture, it has equally likely driven the good parts too. I daresay the Smugs have a similar setup (there’s some f**ken schmick houses on River Rd).
We currently have players all over Sydney, and the team leaders are among the most spread out.
It may not be the most picturesque as some of Sydney but there are some very nice houses being built near the COE, backing onto Castle Hill golf course, short drive to M7 that opens up rest of Sydney. The club should be encouraging players to live there. Especially team leaders. It’s time to get some culture into these merkins

Noise

Coach
One thing that did come out of that interview was heaps of Scum players live near one and other. Whilst it has probably driven a lot of the bad parts of their culture, it has equally likely driven the good parts too. I daresay the Smugs have a similar setup (there’s some f**ken schmick houses on River Rd).
We currently have players all over Sydney, and the team leaders are among the most spread out.
It may not be the most picturesque as some of Sydney but there are some very nice houses being built near the COE, backing onto Castle Hill golf course, short drive to M7 that opens up rest of Sydney. The club should be encouraging players to live there. Especially team leaders. It’s time to get some culture into these merkins
I don’t disagree but how do you encourage a player to move? You can’t just give them a free house as it would go on the cap.

Doggies shooting first, asking questions later. Merkins probably haven’t even sent the contract through to nrl hq yet! Hope every team in the comp bleeds them when the Gouldmageddon starts happening…

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
some of the media releases make me laugh

what does "Eels set to chase surprise Mahoney replacement" actually mean ?

all it needs to say is "Eels want to talk to Verrills"

84 Baby

Referee
I don’t disagree but how do you encourage a player to move? You can’t just give them a free house as it would go on the cap.
Just encouragement. There are some really nice houses there. But this is also where as a club we are failing compared to the Rorters and Souffs (less so in this case Scums). Having access to straight TPAs like Joe the Plumber operating in Northmead giving Gutho $50k to show up to his work Christmas Party is a nice gesture, but where players can make real dollars is with Joe the Property Guru who can direct you to a fantastic new build in Bella Vista/Kellyville but also give you the heads up to buy this other block that triples in value 6 months later