What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lingard

Coach
It's funny how we used to complain about BA wearing Mahoney out by playing him for 80 minutes. And how maybe he was coached to rein in his natural talents and just pass and tackle. Maybe Mahoney isn't stupid, and can see that there is a whole lot more to his game than BA is prepared to let him display. Maybe the Bulldogs realise that too. We've all whinged about how BA seems to undervalue the dummy half position.
But now, all of a sudden it's all Mahoney's fault. He has a lot of room for development, and judging by the last couple of seasons (and his attitude and developement) he more than likely will continue to get better. Maybe he thinks he just can't take that next step under his current coaching regime. I think his impending departure is as much an indictment of Brad Arthur as it is of Mahoney.

JokerEel

First Grade
It's funny how we used to complain about BA wearing Mahoney out by playing him for 80 minutes. And how maybe he was coached to rein in his natural talents and just pass and tackle. Maybe Mahoney isn't stupid, and can see that there is a whole lot more to his game than BA is prepared to let him display. Maybe the Bulldogs realise that too. We've all whinged about how BA seems to undervalue the dummy half position.
But now, all of a sudden it's all Mahoney's fault. He has a lot of room for development, and judging by the last couple of seasons (and his attitude and developement) he more than likely will continue to get better. Maybe he thinks he just can't take that next step under his current coaching regime. I think his impending departure is as much an indictment of Brad Arthur as it is of Mahoney.

We just hired 2 former hookers 1 is a premiership winner so you can forget that.

emjaycee

Coach
We just hired 2 former hookers 1 is a premiership winner so you can forget that.
Yeah. Whether we like it or not, Mahoney chose to leave because of $$$.

People can spin it anyway they like and try and make it about BA, or chasing the collision or being held back from playing his natural style or whatever they like, but money talks and players walk... it's that simple.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
While he’s certainly not the second coming of Jack Gibson, I like that BA puts emphasis on physical aggression. I know “chasing the collision” is a way to jab at BA but for years I’ve thought our pack were nowhere near physically dominant against other teams. That’s changed.

On Verrills, I know some of us like to go on about what Reed is held back from doing. Could you imagine the kind of restraints Verrills is under at the Chooks, with those stars outside him demanding the ball? The kid can play footy, I’m hopeful we get him.

eel01s

Bench
You would think we are only after one winger. Who do we prefer, Simonson or Lumulume? Both can do a job for us and know how to score a try.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mahoney topped all dummy halves for LBAs this year. What if he doesn't at the Dogs?

jason taylor

Bench
You would think we are only after one winger. Who do we prefer, Simonson or Lumulume? Both can do a job for us and know how to score a try.
I reckon Lumelume would be the better fit for our team. Would be a good like-for-like replacement for Sivo, especially if he really is going to jet off to chase $$$

emjaycee

Coach
While he’s certainly not the second coming of Jack Gibson, I like that BA puts emphasis on physical aggression. I know “chasing the collision” is a way to jab at BA but for years I’ve thought our pack were nowhere near physically dominant against other teams. That’s changed.
For years our pack was voted "softest" in the league in a players poll.
I don't reckon that has been the case for the last 3 years at least.

Latest posts