What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He was the hooker for the team that came 2nd in 2020, under the new rules. The bigger risk is injury.
2nd??? We played the Storm week 1 last year and we finished 3rd………..

And he was also the Hooker for a team tipped to finish top 4 that finished out of the 8 in 2021, his form was poor and he looked slow and overplayed his hand constantly. The Raiders looked much better when he was out and Starling was in. Ask Raiders fans they want him gone ASAP. And then there is also his risk of injury which also had to be a concern.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Potentially but it probably depends on how highly they rate the 3 rookies in the squad. If they think 1 of them is up to the NRL, Hodgson doesn’t block their path where as Verrills wouId.
Completely understand that but Verrills himself is only 22 and I would doubt he would be commanding a huge contract. If the whole three year max length of contract thing is accurate, in theory things should turn over relatively quickly.

I'd prefer the club went with the younger player with the bigger upside and if one of the budding youngsters is better and takes his place, so be it.

All that being said, as I've said a few times lately, I'm happy to leave it in the hands of the club. They've got it more right than wrong of late.

parra pete

Referee
You should get a ban for that :D
A visiting professor at Florida State University is giving a seminar on the supernatural.
To get a feel for his audience, he asks: "How many people here believe in ghosts?"
About 90 students raise their hands.
"Well that's a good start. Out of those of you who believe in ghosts, do any of you think you've ever seen a ghost?"
About 40 students raise their hands.
"That's really good. I'm really glad you take this seriously. Has anyone here ever talked to a ghost? 15 students raise their hands.
"That's a great response. Has anyone here ever touched a ghost?
" Three students raise their hands.
"That's fantastic. But let me ask you one question further.....Have any of you ever made love to a ghost?"
One student in the back raises his hand.
The professor is astonished.
He takes off his glasses, takes a step back, and says, "Son, all the years I've been giving this lecture, no one has ever claimed to have slept with a ghost. You've got to come up here and tell us about your experience."
The redneck student replies with a nod and a grin, and begins to make his way up to the podium.
The professor says, "Well, tell us what it's like to have sex with a ghost." The student replies, "Ghost? Buggar it..... From back there I thought you said 'goats'!"

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
A visiting professor at Florida State University is giving a seminar on the supernatural.
To get a feel for his audience, he asks: "How many people here believe in ghosts?"
About 90 students raise their hands.
"Well that's a good start. Out of those of you who believe in ghosts, do any of you think you've ever seen a ghost?"
About 40 students raise their hands.
"That's really good. I'm really glad you take this seriously. Has anyone here ever talked to a ghost? 15 students raise their hands.
"That's a great response. Has anyone here ever touched a ghost?
" Three students raise their hands.
"That's fantastic. But let me ask you one question further.....Have any of you ever made love to a ghost?"
One student in the back raises his hand.
The professor is astonished.
He takes off his glasses, takes a step back, and says, "Son, all the years I've been giving this lecture, no one has ever claimed to have slept with a ghost. You've got to come up here and tell us about your experience."
The redneck student replies with a nod and a grin, and begins to make his way up to the podium.
The professor says, "Well, tell us what it's like to have sex with a ghost." The student replies, "Ghost? Buggar it..... From back there I thought you said 'goats'!"
Welcome back! :D

2nd??? We played the Storm week 1 last year and we finished 3rd………..

And he was also the Hooker for a team tipped to finish top 4 that finished out of the 8 in 2021, his form was poor and he looked slow and overplayed his hand constantly. The Raiders looked much better when he was out and Starling was in. Ask Raiders fans they want him gone ASAP. And then there is also his risk of injury which also had to be a concern.

For a bloke who is done, he ran for 10 more metres per game than Reed did in 2021, and he was playing behind a pack whose form was all over the place and in a team that had a lot tougher run with injuries than the Eels did. I know plenty of Raiders fans and most of them urinate on public buses, so I'd take what they say with a grain of Himalayan pink salt. The Raiders had bigger problems than Hodgson this year. I'm not saying that I want him for 2023...coz that's too far away to be taking the risk and committing right now.

hindy111

Post Whore
If that's true that would indicate one of Marata or Paps are going early. We don't need Sims in 2022 as things stand.

I don't think we have a genuine edge threat like Sims provides. Marata and Matterson are ok but neither are great line breaking attackers like Sims.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
For a bloke who is done, he ran for 10 more metres per game than Reed did in 2021, and he was playing behind a pack whose form was all over the place and in a team that had a lot tougher run with injuries than the Eels did. I know plenty of Raiders fans and most of them urinate on public buses, so I'd take what they say with a grain of Himalayan pink salt. The Raiders had bigger problems than Hodgson this year. I'm not saying that I want him for 2023...coz that's too far away to be taking the risk and committing right now.
That run metres stat doesn’t mean shit without any context, Hodgson also had the luxury of not having to push his captain out of the way every time there was a chance from dummy half. I still believe Reed is handcuffed from the coaching staff and one of the reasons he won’t be an Eel in 2023.

He ran all the time in the 20’s under a different coach, but back on stats how was Hodgson’s missed tackle count?? Mistakes?? Penalties conceded?? He’ll be 33 when he gets here it’s a laughable option it really is and just further proof our coach has little respect for the dummy half position.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
BA will play him middle mate. Dont get too excited.
Forwards who can play second row are generally better defenders than ones who can only play in the middle. Having a couple of them defending in the middle therefore improves your middle defence. Helpful when you've got low workrate defenders like Paulo and Mahoney in the middle as well.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Are you kidding? The Raiders are on the hook to pay him $800k next year. Why would he go home?
Fair enough i am suprised with his contract up end of next year he hasn't been linked yet to a return to Super league.

Maybe english teams cant negotiate with nrl players 18 months in advance

That run metres stat doesn’t mean shit without any context, Hodgson also had the luxury of not having to push his captain out of the way every time there was a chance from dummy half. I still believe Reed is handcuffed from the coaching staff and one of the reasons he won’t be an Eel in 2023.

He ran all the time in the 20’s under a different coach, but back on stats how was Hodgson’s missed tackle count?? Mistakes?? Penalties conceded?? He’ll be 33 when he gets here it’s a laughable option it really is and just further proof our coach has little respect for the dummy half position.

You see mate, I don't actually think that every player is either 'great', or 'stuffed', (or a laughable option) with nothing in between. He certainly misses more tackles that Reed, but he also makes more meaningful tackles. But as I said, I wouldn't be committing to him a year ahead of him playing for you.

Latest posts