What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T-Boon

Coach
the son made it onto the run on side again Can he only play one position ? Hope brown doesn't gets the shits about being pushed to the centres and decides to look elsewhere
That has to be a consideration. Right while his development is going so well he finds himself behind the coaches son. It is wrong. O’Neil should step in the way Gus would.

the son made it onto the run on side again Can he only play one position ? Hope brown doesn't gets the shits about being pushed to the centres and decides to look elsewhere

Have you ever known of a player to be shifted to to their less-favoured position for a couple of weeks when their team's backline is decimated by injuries, and decide they should leave the club? It wouldn't be the sign of a very committed player.

hindy111

Post Whore
Have you ever known of a player to be shifted to to their less-favoured position for a couple of weeks when their team's backline is decimated by injuries, and decide they should leave the club? It wouldn't be the sign of a very committed player.

I don't think this is a worry. For me you go into a season with a back up half. Maybe even two in NSW CUP.
In our top 30 we only have one and that's JA. The question is do we feel confident he is a suitable back up half? Not ready at all. I understand there's been injuries but he still is our no 1 back up.
From what I've seen he should be in Jersey flegg still

T-Boon

Coach
Drown is our first choice 6 you silly merkin. Nobody is ahead of him.
How do you know?
You are assuming the coach is being logical but in reality it could well be BAs irrational plan to give his son every opportunity to be the long term 5/8 and wants him to develop there while the team is winning.
At the end of the day JA has been picked in the 5/8 position instead of Brown when the excuse of cupboards being bare is not there any more with Opicic available.

I don't think this is a worry. For me you go into a season with a back up half. Maybe even two in NSW CUP.
In our top 30 we only have one and that's JA. The question is do we feel confident he is a suitable back up half? Not ready at all. I understand there's been injuries but he still is our no 1 back up.
From what I've seen he should be in Jersey flegg still

Yeh, the issue is that JA is in the top 30 and the other backline options are not. JA will be playing lock within a year or two I suspect, or he'll become the biggest half since T-Rex. Could become a poor man's Yeo.

IFR33K

Coach

Players have left for much less…

hindy111

Post Whore
Tallis??? Lyon? Sbw?

I have no idea who else. Do we know the reasons they walked out? Also Latrell maybe.

I’m sure there’s others that walked because of the position they played. Didn’t matto leave us because he wanted to play 5/8?

In the end Matterson wasn't even making our NSW cup side even thou we had signed him for 3yrs. He dropped down to Ron Massey cup. He didn't have the skills in the halves I guess.....

CumberlandPower

Juniors
Matterson's career wasn't over, but his stay at Parramatta was. The Roosters were prepared to sign the Junior Kangaroo as a half, although the tri-colours soon came around to Arthur's way of thinking. Trent Robinson sold the switch by promising to spend the entire off-season transitioning him into the new role.

As per SMH

Tallis??? Lyon? Sbw?

I have no idea who else. Do we know the reasons they walked out? Also Latrell maybe.

I’m sure there’s others that walked because of the position they played. Didn’t matto leave us because he wanted to play 5/8?

So....nobody thus far.

Matto wasn't playing in the NRL when he left the Eels, and to the extent it was about positions, it wasn't anything to do with playing out of position during an injury crisis.

This idea that Brown might leave because he's asked to play centre during an injury crisis (not as a first choice position) is a joke. Sorry mate (and the rest of the chaps harping on this particular argument), but this is truly bizarre.

PS: and who know who will actually take the field on Saturday.

IFR33K

Coach
So....nobody thus far.

Matto wasn't playing in the NRL when he left the Eels, and to the extent it was about positions, it wasn't anything to do with playing out of position during an injury crisis.

This idea that Brown might leave because he's asked to play centre during an injury crisis (not as a first choice position) is a joke. Sorry mate (and the rest of the chaps harping on this particular argument), but this is truly bizarre.

PS: and who know who will actually take the field on Saturday.

Why is it bizarre? Spine players earn more than most, generally, what if next contract parra says to Dylan you’re not a 5/8 you’re a centre and we’re only willing to pay you 400k. But he knows he can earn 650 as a 5/8.

JokerEel

Coach
How do you know?
You are assuming the coach is being logical but in reality it could well be BAs irrational plan to give his son every opportunity to be the long term 5/8 and wants him to develop there while the team is winning.
At the end of the day JA has been picked in the 5/8 position instead of Brown when the excuse of cupboards being bare is not there any more with Opicic available.

I thought the Facebook fans were crazy...

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Why is it bizarre? Spine players earn more than most, generally, what if next contract parra says to Dylan you’re not a 5/8 you’re a centre and we’re only willing to pay you 400k. But he knows he can earn 650 as a 5/8.
So what happens when Waqa/ Sivo/Russel /Opacic come back? We play them at 5/8?

emjaycee

Coach
How do you know?
As at 4pm on Tuesday 26th, Opacic is not available to play. He was named in the extended squad because of rules that you have to name 25 players on the Tuesday. If he passes his fitness test and travels to Darwin he will play although I am hearing he may play dummy half because apparently we want to force Rheed out early so young Matt Arthur can debut after June 30.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How do you know?
You can't exactly change a winning team for a fringe first grader like Tom Opacic ffs. He's not top 17. Sivo or Blake I could understand, f**k Jake Arthur off and bring them straight in. But Opacic is not an automatic selection, he missed the big, professional win in Newcastle, and he is under an injury cloud.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we only need him to fill a role as a $400k centre then that's all we should offer. If he gets a better offer elsewhere he should take it. That is literally how the player market works. You don't pay huge money to keep a player you don't need.

But I'm tipping we will make him a big offer because he's very important to our club. His versatility is all part of that. Do you think every team pays both halves more than anyone else in the team? Most teams have a spine player who would be on a modest sum. This is the merkin who does the donkey work (often support and set up play) so the stars can shine.

Latest posts