What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
As opposed to weakening the halves to get Jakey in there?? At least Matto is a first grader, Arthur is eons away from being a first grade standard footballer.

Sunday was as easy as it will get for him, he had a passive defence line and miles of time and he still struggled with the pace of the game. Heaven help him if he’s still there for the Penrith game.
Well left. What does our bench look like on Saturday with Oppa out and Matto playing 80 mins at centre ?

14. Makatoa
15. Kaufusi
16. Bryce Cartwright.
17. Emu Greig.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well left. What does our bench look like on Saturday with Oppa out and Matto playing 80 mins at centre ?

14. Makatoa
15. Kaufusi
16. Bryce Cartwright.
17. Emu Greig.
That bench is still stronger than the one that lined up against the Tigers, didn’t see you complaining then 🥸

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we lose on the weekend there's just as much fault on every other player let alone JA. Blokes on this forum are acting as if he is being made into our go to player.

No team loses because the Rookie "sucks". It's just an easy scapegoat to pull apart and put all the blame on to feed some sort of insecurity.

The Roosters lost on the weekend and sure as shit it was not because they have a rookie #6. Yes having a rookie who may or may not be ready can be 1/100 other issues that can contribute to a loss. But the fact is we are smashed with injuries and need someone to do a job. As long as we win - who really gives a f**k.
Usually when a team loses it’s their weaker players who f**ked up. That’s why teams with a lot of youth tend to struggle.

T-Boon

Coach
If we lose on the weekend there's just as much fault on every other player let alone JA. Blokes on this forum are acting as if he is being made into our go to player.

No team loses because the Rookie "sucks". It's just an easy scapegoat to pull apart and put all the blame on to feed some sort of insecurity.

The Roosters lost on the weekend and sure as shit it was not because they have a rookie #6. Yes having a rookie who may or may not be ready can be 1/100 other issues that can contribute to a loss. But the fact is we are smashed with injuries and need someone to do a job. As long as we win - who really gives a f**k.
I wouldn’t be looking to blame JA because he doesn’t select himself. I’d be blaming BA specifically in relation to that selection.

Gronk

Staff member
That bench is still stronger than the one that lined up against the Tigers, didn’t see you complaining then 🥸
Everyone said it was shit, including me merkin.

Well left again, you think that it's a stronger side with Matto playing 80 in the centres than on the bench ? Noting that he playing lots of middle and ran 160m ?

Gazzamatta

Coach
So the team is stronger with Jake @ 6 and Brown @ 4 instead of playing a established bloke in the centres??? Lol the shit you spin, it’s bad enough if Oppa is out that Jakey is there stinking up first grade but if he passes his fitness test only you and the Arthur’s think it’s a good call.
Well he did select Jake ahead of Oppy for game 1 when everyone bar Marata, Sivo and Haze were available so its not just injury cover. Fingers crossed we see a refreshed and firing Jake on Saturday night.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If he was fit you’d start Opacic over Arthur, all else being equal, but then you’d break up the team that smashed Newcastle.

If Opacic turns out to be fit but doesn’t play and we lose let’s say you were right.
Surely BA wouldnt play a player thats not 100% fit? Will we ever know for sure if Oppy was ready to go? Maybe he just wants to err on the side of caution.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think replacing a forward - with the players we have available - is far easier than replacing a half.

I'm a fan of Jake's - he's got talent, and potential.

But he is not up to First Grade at this point, and weakening our halves seems a bit silly to me.

For me, the logical choice is to use Niukore (when fit), or Matterson, at centre, and find a replacement forward - I know he is uncapped, but Luca Moretti can play in the second row, and all he'd have to do is make his tackles.

Having a rookie forward, in our forwards-dominant system, would be better than putting in a not-ready Arthur in the halves, imo.

84 Baby

Referee
I think replacing a forward - with the players we have available - is far easier than replacing a half.

But he is not up to First Grade at this point, and weakening our halves seems a bit silly to me.

For me, the logical choice is to use Niukore (when fit), or Matterson, at centre, and find a replacement forward - I know he is uncapped, but Luca Moretti can play in the second row, and all he'd have to do is make his tackles.

Having a rookie forward, in our forwards-dominant system, would be better than putting in a not-ready Arthur in the halves, imo.
Why wouldn’t you suggest Rodwell instead of Moretti?

Gazzamatta

Coach

Should Reg and Jnr and possibly Rheed make Origin this year we need to ensure replacements are ready to go. Bringing Reg back on V The Pongas and Reins miniscule minutes thus far wasnt and isnt a great move imho. I cant see us losing any backs to Origin.

84 Baby

Referee
Should Reg and Jnr and possibly Rheed make Origin this year we need to ensure replacements are ready to go. Bringing Reg back on V The Pongas and Reins miniscule minutes thus far wasnt and isnt a great move imho. I cant see us losing any backs to Origin.
If RCG is overlooked this year for the likes of Saifiti or Jrbnejxnevic, Fittler needs to get off the grass

Oh and look who the coaches are for Queensland. Not that I really care but Mahoney will only get picked if Grant unavailable.