What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

strider

Post Whore
Anyone know how Green died? Was it suicide?
The media are suggesting it with their line at the end of the articles. Though they also say cause of death unknown within the article. ... initially only the SMH article had the lifeline trailer. Others seem to have added it now .... you would hope they know they are right, cos it would be pretty awful to suggest it without being certain.

lucablight

First Grade
The media are suggesting it with their line at the end of the articles. Though they also say cause of death unknown within the article. ... initially only the SMH article had the lifeline trailer. Others seem to have added it now .... you would hope they know they are right, cos it would be pretty awful to suggest it without being certain.
From what I understand the media tends to not mention the cause of death if it’s suicide a lot of the time to avoid encouraging others to do it.

yy_cheng

Coach
On Papali'i. Tigers should hit us up for Batemans transfer fee imo. Or atleast half of it.
They want 350k. They should ask us for 200k to release Papali'i. Would Papali'i be worth it still?
I reckon this is exactly how it will play out tbh. Papali'i will take maybe a 30k a year pay cut to stay. We will cough up 120k transfer fee spread over 3 or 4yrs. Tigers cough up perhaps the other 100k or so.
That's what I have been suggesting, well something similar, and the transfer fee will be charged to our cap.

hindy111

Post Whore
If Papali'i backflips amd stays our roster losses for 2023 do not look so bad.

Kafusi,Stone,Marata and Mahoney. All have had average seasons and unsure any would be in our top 8 contributors this season. I'd rate them like this -

1. D.Brown
2. Jnr Paulo
3. Moses
4. Matterson
5. RCG
6. Lane
7. Papali'i
8. Gutherson

The first 3 could all reverse orders. 4-7 all could also.

None of our backs have stood out for me.Mahoney if finished the year strong could push into 8th spot as Guthersons been below par. But Guth has had a few outstanding games also.

when a club plays for a player's fine, does it attract FBT?
Possibly, or may be simply treated as income...never thought about it. But not the same as paying another club to release a player. The fine was a liabilty of the player. And FBT legislation has nothing to directly do with NRL salary cap rules (although FBT levied on benefits provided to the player is assessable under the cap...so if you provide accomodation and that accomodation attracts FBT the both are counted under the cap). Beyond that, the NRL can deem fringe benefits received by the player to be counted towards the cap or not.

Paying a transfer fee to another club does not attract FBT.

hindy111

Post Whore
Does anyone know our cap space? We obviously have money for Papali'i so I'd assume 500k is all we have free but there maybe more ? If we also shed N.Brown (we would be chipping in) I am guessing we may free up another 250k.

lucablight

First Grade
If Papali'i backflips amd stays our roster losses for 2023 do not look so bad.

Kafusi,Stone,Marata and Mahoney. All have had average seasons and unsure any would be in our top 8 contributors this season. I'd rate them like this -

1. D.Brown
2. Jnr Paulo
3. Moses
4. Matterson
5. RCG
6. Lane
7. Papali'i
8. Gutherson

The first 3 could all reverse orders. 4-7 all could also.

None of our backs have stood out for me.Mahoney if finished the year strong could push into 8th spot as Guthersons been below par. But Guth has had a few outstanding games also.
If we manage to retain Paulo, Matterson and Papali’i and still have money to retain Moses and Brown then the club will have done an outstanding job.

Stevie

Bench
A person in my team asked me for time off to be with a family member after their son took his own life late last night.

Then hearing about Paul Green, it’s awful.

You guys know my best mate 5 years ago this November took his life in complete surprise. I’ve never gotten over it.

The amount of men taking their lives in Australia is mind boggling.

Anyone in this group if you EVER feel like you are in that place send me a message and I’ll come and sit with you, call you, message you, whatever.

I love the passion we all have but let’s look after each other, break the stigma and yell out if you need help.

We need you here!
You are important!

A person in my team asked me for time off to be with a family member after their son took his own life late last night.

Then hearing about Paul Green, it’s awful.

You guys know my best mate 5 years ago this November took his life in complete surprise. I’ve never gotten over it.

The amount of men taking their lives in Australia is mind boggling.

Anyone in this group if you EVER feel like you are in that place send me a message and I’ll come and sit with you, call you, message you, whatever.

I love the passion we all have but let’s look after each other, break the stigma and yell out if you need help.

We need you here!
You are important!

Good on you Stevie.

Earlier this year my other half received an email from a friend's email address (let's call them 'Person X'), and purporting to be from the 'estate of Person X', explaining that that person had recently passed away and sending best wishes etc. A few other close friends (but not family members) of Person X received similar emails. As it turned out the email was sent by the friend just minutes before he took his own life. Pretty awful from all perspectives. And just no outward signs that something was wrong.

Latest posts