What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lucablight

First Grade
We still overachieved mate. Our defence was the 8th best in the comp and the most consecutive games we ever won was 3 in a row. We were a very inconsistent side that peaked at the right time and shit the bed when it mattered, again.

We are f**king cursed.
Our best was still better than most other sides. We deserved to be there. Just have too many weaknesses that we couldn’t hide from tonight.

Avenger

Immortal
Our best was still better than most other sides. We deserved to be there. Just have too many weaknesses that we couldn’t hide from tonight.
I agree with you on our weaknesses.

Our backline is pedestrian, we need a speedy centre and a metre eater winger.

Our halves who have won nothing yet want a million each to stay.

Our best player is Gutherson who is slowing every year.

King-Gutho94

Coach
In hindsight I think we overachieved in 2022.
Not sure we overachieved.

Probably a pass mark but the performance tonight leaves a bitter taste.

Unfortunately our defence and consistency overall reinforced we weren't a premiership winning team.

Bad losses to Tigers and Bulldogs cost us a top 2 spot and probably would left more petrol in tank for today if we earn a week off.

Considering we had 2 cracks at Penrith in finals we didn't really fire a shot in both finals which is disappointing.

lucablight

First Grade

I was disappointed to hear Hamiso signed with the Dolphins at the grand final. Would have loved to get him.

JokerEel

Coach

We need a superstar at fullback..Gutho as good as he was is not a Superstar.

If Manly shit the bed and piss the Turbo brothers off by sacking Des I would be straight on the phone to them.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Probably Cowboys. yes, we beat them but that forward pass that was the worst rip off since the six again call Roosters versus Canberra in the GF.
And yet they couldn’t hold onto to an 8 point lead with all the ball. We overachieved all right especially with the pumpkin in charge and his top shelf coaching staff.

IFR33K

Coach
We still overachieved mate. Our defence was the 8th best in the comp and the most consecutive games we ever won was 3 in a row. We were a very inconsistent side that peaked at the right time and shit the bed when it mattered, again.

We are f**king cursed.

I agree we are cursed but there’s no shame in losing to that panthers side. They’re 2 classes ahead of the competition. They play with such speed and precision, machine like. We were always up against it. U don’t make 3 straight gf’s if you’re just a good team. They are great! Hard to say we shit the bed. That panthers team probably beat any team in the history of the nrl. Even Ivan Cleary said they saved their best game till the last. No one would of beaten them.

hindy111

Post Whore
Probably Cowboys. yes, we beat them but that forward pass that was the worst rip off since the six again call Roosters versus Canberra in the GF.

I'd say Storm,Rooster,Souths are superior. They all just got crippled by injuries.

N.Brown also was a 500k player. And Bryce was extended and I guarantee top 17 money. Right there is probably 750k that leaves a hole in our squad. Good thing is those debts are cleared by 2024. Waqa was on about 500k.Penrith where chipping in some but from what I heard not a lot. That should be around another 350-400k up our sleeves. These are positives.

Gutherson milked us which didn't help. But only by about 150k.
These are small things but to win a title smart recruitment is so important. Dylan Edwards fro example is on about the 500k mark. Compare that to Guth on close to 800k.

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree we are cursed but there’s no shame in losing to that panthers side. They’re 2 classes ahead of the competition. They play with such speed and precision, machine like. We were always up against it. U don’t make 3 straight gf’s if you’re just a good team. They are great! Hard to say we shit the bed. That panthers team probably beat any team in the history of the nrl. Even Ivan Cleary said they saved their best game till the last. No one would of beaten them.

Yes. They are potentially the best ever side or one of. I've been saying they are building a powerhouse for years. Awesome set up.

Hard to know where we go from here. I think we have to look at when we are capable of another shake. Being able to get Bryce and N.Brown off the book would help. Waqa is another.
Positive is all will be come 2024

Glenneel

Bench
Yes. They are potentially the best ever side or one of. I've been saying they are building a powerhouse for years. Awesome set up.

Hard to know where we go from here. I think we have to look at when we are capable of another shake. Being able to get Bryce and N.Brown off the book would help. Waqa is another.
Hard game to watch but they are light years ahead of every other team. No team could have beat them based on last nites form. They'll come back to the pack a bit with loss kikau and Koriousau? next year.

Going forward firstly let go every player we think unsuitable for fg (waqa for example and many in lower grades). Think we have to recruit from Panfers juniors (their Fiji winger in NSW Cup looks good) and train the way we want to play which is a quick moving defense. Will be hard with WC but defense is key and attack will come. Build the team around our halves and play hardball with other players re pay. Build team around speed, speedy wingers and centres and quick forwards with skill.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hard game to watch but they are light years ahead of every other team. No team could have beat them based on last nites form. They'll come back to the pack a bit with loss kikau and Koriousau? next year.

Going forward firstly let go every player we think unsuitable for fg (waqa for example and many in lower grades). Think we have to recruit from Panfers juniors (their Fiji winger in NSW Cup looks good) and train the way we want to play which is a quick moving defense. Will be hard with WC but defense is key and attack will come. Build the team around our halves and play hardball with other players re pay. Build team around speed, speedy wingers and centres and quick forwards with skill.

Turava? Yes I calls him out to Ram as someone we should target but smart clubs don't waste time. They extended him mate.
I am unsure how much Penrith drop off. Kikau didn't do a whole lot last night and they belted us while M.Kenny was on.

Cleary is also 24. Not in his peak yet. Spencer,May,Tago,Crighton are all kids with more improvement. None are near the finished product.

Plus they took out NSW cup, Flegg and SG ball. Id assume there is a stack of great player in the pipeline.

IFR33K

Coach

let’s hope we have a few gun 16-19 yo coming thru. And I’m not talking about ja.

hindy111

Post Whore
let’s hope we have a few gun 16-19 yo coming thru. And I’m not talking about ja.

I can tell you now my cousins is part of coaching staff and he said we having nothing good for atleast 2 or 3 yrs so will be poaching.
I'm unsure the club rates JA,RUSSEL as much as a few here think they do. I was told prob be about 2025 untill we see a few good ones.