What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
As a Tigers fan, you've nailed it.
The bloke is a pain in the ass.

I wish someone would take him off us.

Mate tigers are now my number 2 team. Unfortunately too many players are using them and are not invested in the club long term. Peachy is one of those players he was not wanted at the Titans after chasing the $$$$ leaving the Panthers.

Matto also looks like one of those players for us.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm a big fan of Ryan Matterson (as a player), and I hope that there's more to his suspension...

Having said that, money is money; it's easy to say, "He's earning $650,000 per annum - he can afford a $4,000 fine!"

But truthfully, we don't know anything about his financial situation.

I recall reading that Nathan Hindmarsh was borderline broke years ago, due to his gambling addiction.

Still - not a good look.

But it does give Hopgood a red, hot crack at the 13.

JokerEel

Coach
I'm a big fan of Ryan Matterson (as a player), and I hope that there's more to his suspension...

Having said that, money is money; it's easy to say, "He's earning $650,000 per annum - he can afford a $4,000 fine!"

But truthfully, we don't know anything about his financial situation.

I recall reading that Nathan Hindmarsh was borderline broke years ago, due to his gambling addiction.

Still - not a good look.

But it does give Hopgood a red, hot crack at the 13.

Who really know apart from Mattoand the club.

He may be having off season surgery and already be missing the start of the season.

TIGER14

Bench
Mate tigers are now my number 2 team. Unfortunately too many players are using them and are not invested in the club long term. Peachy is one of those players he was not wanted at the Titans after chasing the $$$$ leaving the Panthers.

Matto also looks like one of those players for us.
I was excited when we signed Peachey. Big risk but thought he was worth it. Same as James Roberts. Both turned out to be piss. They both cared about $ before their own integrity and actual effort.

Matterson is quickly becoming another in the same line albeit for another team.

Chipmunk

Coach
I was excited when we signed Peachey. Big risk but thought he was worth it. Same as James Roberts. Both turned out to be piss. They both cared about $ before their own integrity and actual effort.

Matterson is quickly becoming another in the same line albeit for another team.
You've got two more coming next year purely for the money too. It's very obvious now there's no way Api or Papali'i are going for any other reason.

TIGER14

Bench
You've got two more coming next year purely for the money too. It's very obvious now there's no way Api or Papali'i are going for any other reason.
Yep. I'm worried big time. Both players there just to roll the arm over and get a big pay day.

Papali'i has more incentive to apply himself cause he is still young and his next contract should be the biggest of his career. He has to put in to earn it though.

But Koroisau ain't gonna give a f**k.

JokerEel

Coach
Yep. I'm worried big time. Both players there just to roll the arm over and get a big pay day.

Papali'i has more incentive to apply himself cause he is still young and his next contract should be the biggest of his career. He has to put in to earn it though.

And that attitude rubs off onto your juniors which sucks.

TIGER14

Bench
And that attitude rubs off onto your juniors which sucks.
Yep. There needs to be accountability. My worry is Koroisau is going to come in half hearted and blame it on his teammates.

I sent an email today to our CEO demanding accountability. I want a public apology and Koroisau to spend extra time in the community - schools, junior teams etc.

I don't care if he was drunk. Being drunk makes you say what's really on your mind.

He's getting paid a shitload next year. We need to make sure he is committed.

I've had a rethink on the Koroisau comment. It might have been more along the lines of self deprecating humour than a sledge at the Tigers.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I've had a rethink on the Koroisau comment. It might have been more along the lines of self deprecating humour than a sledge at the Tigers.
Imagine if Corey Norman or Nathan Peats said that about us in 2013 when we were wooden spooners when they signed.

I reckon we would be outraged at the lack of respect shown to the club they are joining the following season.

Imagine if Corey Norman or Nathan Peats said that about us in 2013 when we were wooden spooners when they signed.

I reckon we would be outraged at the lack of respect shown to the club they are joining the following season.
Yes but if they're strongly identifying with the club it becomes self deprecation. And even if they don't everyone has dumb moments.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I reckon matto is sticking it to the nrl, rather than his team...

He's probably pissed because there was absolutely nothing in that tackle, and thinking f**k you nrl, your not taking any money from my pocket ....I'm just gonna sit it out

JokerEel

Coach
I reckon matto is sticking it to the nrl, rather than his team...

He's probably pissed because there was absolutely nothing in that tackle, and thinking f**k you nrl, your not taking any money from my pocket ....I'm just gonna sit it out

So he takes money from the Eels and sits out instead 🤔

Latest posts