What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
The 2018 comp was the most even in the history of the NRL. That suggests a high degree of randomness (it all comes out in the wash) evening out the structural inequalities (resources) between the teams. The World Cup might have been a big factor there.
Rinse repeat

Gazzamatta

Coach
Hopefully that uncertainty is made certain before Round 1 - I can't see any reason for their next/2024 contract arrangements to be dragged past this off-season?
Hopefully.
If either signs elsewhere however that may present a whole new set of problems. BA wasnt interested in giving potential forward replacements game time in 2022. Should a half sign elsewhere will he employ a similar tactic with potential half replacements? Hopefully its something we've no need to consider.

JokerEel

First Grade
Hopefully.
If either signs elsewhere however that may present a whole new set of problems. BA wasnt interested in giving potential forward replacements game time in 2022. Should a half sign elsewhere will he employ a similar tactic with potential half replacements? Hopefully its something we've no need to consider.

I could see us signing a half of we lose either Moses or Brown instead of promoting anyone.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hopefully.
The f**k merkin. Papali’i, Mahoney, Niukore and Kaufusi signed elsewhere before round one and they still played every game they were available.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
The f**k merkin. Papali’i, Mahoney, Niukore and Kaufusi signed elsewhere before round one and they still played every game they were available.
Yeah that's what Gaz means. If Moses pisses off for 2024 BA won't give a young half game time in preparation. Not that he should IMO. Mind you, some might say he's been preparing a young half for about 24 months now.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is the point that we should sacrifice wins to ensure we give long minutes to players who might or might not be top 17 the following year?

the phantom menace

First Grade
I think the point was just what was in the quote, without you twisting it elsewhere...

BA wasnt interested in giving potential forward replacements game time in 2022. Should a half sign elsewhere will he employ a similar tactic with potential half replacements? Hopefully its something we've no need to consider.

Gronk

Staff member
Well why would he do things any differently? Like he's going to drop a top 17 player just because they've signed elsewhere.
If BA adopted a rotation policy and rested say Ice for EEZ, this joint would have imploded.

Storm have lost a bunch to shit clubs as well. Did their coach give fringe NRL players a go and rotated them out with Bromwich x2 or Kaufusi ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If BA adopted a rotation policy and rested say Ice for EEZ, this joint would have imploded.

Storm have lost a bunch to shit clubs as well. Did their coach give fringe NRL players a go and rotated them out with Bromwich x2 or Kaufusi ?
Considering the Storm had lost a heap of players to injury and rep duty he wasn’t in a position but to pick his fittest 17. But I can’t see Martina giving anyone a free ride which is how it should be.

parra pete

Referee
Considering the Storm had lost a heap of players to injury and rep duty he wasn’t in a position but to pick his fittest 17. But I can’t see Martina giving anyone a free ride which is how it should be.

If you give the kids a run, all you are doing is showcasing their ability for Clubs to cherry pick them for 2025..That's the way it goes in NRL..The good ones will be spotted by an astute accountant and the 'circle game' starts all over again..Gives me the shits...

lingard

Coach
I reckon the World Cup hangover may have a serious impact. That and the uncertainty over Moses and Drown. There may also be a significant let down following our GF performance.
The last World Cup was 2017 and I recall only too well how 2018 ended.
Its probably a positive however that our forward roster has changed so much.
Im really hoping Emu and Ele get decent chances this year.
As always fingers crossed.
I've lost the use of my fingers. I've had them crossed for so many years.

Glenneel

Bench
I reckon the World Cup hangover may have a serious impact. That and the uncertainty over Moses and Drown. There may also be a significant let down following our GF performance.
The last World Cup was 2017 and I recall only too well how 2018 ended.
Its probably a positive however that our forward roster has changed so much.
Im really hoping Emu and Ele get decent chances this year.
As always fingers crossed.
Wasn't 2018 when we had the AFL guy training us? Thought he would increase our endurance but all he did we f**k us up big time. Obviously there is no comparison between the two. Haven't we had Trent Elthan? (former Cronulla guy) since then and we've been in top 8 since?