What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
The NRL administration needs to hurry the fk up and advise clubs what the new cap is going fwd. Would appear some clubs like the dogs, sign players and then work backwards to offload and come back under the cap.

Not sure this tactic should be allowed, however only the NRL really knows the cap situation of each club (apart from self reporting)
However the dogs all of a sudden releasing Jackson and Schoupp talks to the fact they were over with kikau and mahoney signings.
There was also talk Corey Allan was being shopped around...now they sign Xerri for 24/25

TheCrowe

Juniors
The NRL administration needs to hurry the fk up and advise clubs what the new cap is going fwd. Would appear some clubs like the dogs, sign players and then work backwards to offload and come back under the cap.

Not sure this tactic should be allowed, however only the NRL really knows the cap situation of each club (apart from self reporting)
However the dogs all of a sudden releasing Jackson and Schoupp talks to the fact they were over with kikau and mahoney signings.
There was also talk Corey Allan was being shopped around...now they sign Xerri for 24/25
Dogs have the Gus cap and he has a very big head.

Rocket man

Juniors

Hard for the NRL to monitor and oversee the cap when they can't decide what the cap is!

Eelementary

Post Whore

Imo, that shouldn't be allowed - if the cap is not clarified, then you have to work under the assumption that it is unchanged, which would make those signings illegal.

Signing players, and then going back to release players to find funds for the newly-signed players, is a really bad, unprofessional look imo.

Noise

Coach
Imo, that shouldn't be allowed - if the cap is not clarified, then you have to work under the assumption that it is unchanged, which would make those signings illegal.

Signing players, and then going back to release players to find funds for the newly-signed players, is a really bad, unprofessional look imo.
I’m sure the NRL would have told clubs it is changing (increasing) and given them a figure to work off. Clubs would be idiots to work off an assumption that it is unchanged.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I’m sure the NRL would have told clubs it is changing (increasing) and given them a figure to work off. Clubs would be idiots to work off an assumption that it is unchanged.

I'm sure they have a basic understanding of what's going on - but going on a signing spree, and then having to unload players to make them fit into their cap, is amateur stuff, and if I was running the NRL, I wouldn't want that happening.

IFR33K

Coach
Haven’t really read the articles about brown or Moses.

Have the eels stopped negotiating and are awaiting an answer or do we still want to negotiate with the respective players and their managers?

Glenneel

Bench
A show of hands. Who thinks we should match 1.4M?
My answer is a big NO, $1.2m tops imo. Around $1m for Brown and for '24 I believe we'll have at least this amount available. Nrown and Waqa contracts finish then and I expect none will get an offer from Parra, and both on big contracts.

Cloeel

Juniors
Haven’t really read the articles about brown or Moses.

Have the eels stopped negotiating and are awaiting an answer or do we still want to negotiate with the respective players and their managers?

Negotiation is done on both parts. Parra want answers prior to Christmas.

Pretty much sign what we have offered or pack your bags come 2024.

Latest posts