What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Around $1m for Brown and for '24 I believe we'll have at least this amount available.
I'm sure we have that much available. The concern would be whether we want to spend that much on two players whose responsibilities overlap.

Despite all the talk about other clubs being able to afford gun halves pairings I don't actually think any of them, including the Panthers, would be paying $2M for their halves.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That is all very well, but Moses has a piece of paper that apparently says he doesn't have to decide anything until Round 10, which the current administration of the club previously agreed to.
Although, the extension offer is separate from the option. It's reasonable to put a shorter deadline on the new offer even while the option deadline remains in place.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m very surprised at people throwing Asi straight into the top 17 when he has yet to prove that he can even handle first grade. He could turn out to be another Tom Humble for all we know.
I suspect he's not even in the top 30. There's still no profile for him on the official site (or NRL.com). He's not even mentioned here, despite several updates since we announced Asi's signing on social media (but not on the official site): https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/01/27/2022-signings-tracker-official-rosters-for-all-17-nrl-clubs/

That said, Daejarn Asi has massive potential, as shown by all the opportunities he's been given. There must be weaknesses in his game holding him back, because he has obvious class as an attacking player.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I suspect he's not even in the top 30. There's still no profile for him on the official site (or NRL.com). He's not even mentioned here, despite several updates since we announced Asi's signing on social media (but not on the official site): https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/01/27/2022-signings-tracker-official-rosters-for-all-17-nrl-clubs/

That said, Daejarn Asi has massive potential, as shown by all the opportunities he's been given. There must be weaknesses in his game holding him back, because he has obvious class as an attacking player.
A mate who follows the Cows reckon he's an excellent attacking player but pretty average in defence. But if we can improve his defence like we have for Moses and others we might of landed a real bargain.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I’m very surprised at people throwing Asi straight into the top 17 when he has yet to prove that he can even handle first grade. He could turn out to be another Tom Humble for all we know.

He's 22, and has played 18 First Grade games since 2020.

Tom Humble played 27 First Grade games throughout his entire career.

I think he'll be fine.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Blake Ferguson is returning to Australia...

He's 32, and has some defensive issues - but he can finish a try, and runs the ball back better than Sivo, and Blake...

And I don't think he'd cost much...

Latest posts