What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I remember people on this forum saying the same thing about Papali’i when we first signed him. That he was a bog average forward from a bog average Warriors team.
They did bag the Papali’i signing but in contrast to Murchie, he had played over 60 games before his 22nd birthday.

JokerEel

First Grade
And also Hopgood who is a good ball distributor. The quandary for BA is where to play the 2 players. Matterson seems to play best when in the middle, so does BA play him there or move him to edge with Hopgood at Lock? Interesting times. Thoughts?

I think BA will start Matto on the bench when he is back and bring him on as a lock.

BA will probably rotate them throughout the season.

Plus it depends how Murchie goes at second row.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
The merkins on the latest Bloke in a Bar podcast reckon Asi is a one year only and going back to Cowboys in 24. Interesting if true.

yy_cheng

Coach
And also Hopgood who is a good ball distributor. The quandary for BA is where to play the 2 players. Matterson seems to play best when in the middle, so does BA play him there or move him to edge with Hopgood at Lock? Interesting times. Thoughts?
Maybe when we want to play a game with smaller forwards but lots of ball movement, Matto and Hopps will be playing at the same time.

Doesnt Barrett like lock ball players... We can have 2 at the same time

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Why would you do that unless we have an injury in the halves?

we also have JA
Do what? The claim is that he needed a club for 2023 but had already signed for 24 back with Cowboys, I assume that's why the Warriors didn't see him in their plans as they have Johnson, Metcalf and Volkman.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
They did bag the Papali’i signing but in contrast to Murchie, he had played over 60 games before his 22nd birthday.
Is that because Papali was in a crap warriors squad ? And Murchie in a good Canberra squad….maybe / maybe not…

Anyhow, key stat is Murchie was making 9.71 per run this year and defending at 93% in an average side….(Papa was 9.4 and 93%)…..so he has some ability

however BA did say something recently like that the new recruits “lack” fitness which meets their standards….so the key for Murchie is to get his fitness up to Papa’s standard to meet his output (15 runs / 143 m v 7 / 68)….

Last edited:

Latest posts