What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lucablight

First Grade
Bellamy signed Finch, and Origin selectors picked him as well.
The Roosters and Eels both let him go before his contract was up. Bellamy signed plenty of nuffy project players. He didn’t re-sign Finch after barely 1.5 seasons seeing him up close. Finch was also the 4th or 5th choice halfback when he was picked for origin. There was literally no one else. He also got dropped after the next game. You couldn’t fault his effort but he was just not a very talented player.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They got rid of him because he was a dickhead, not because he couldn't play. If he couldn't play he would never have played three Origins plus 270 NRL games, including three grand finals. Also won Dally M halfback.

Glenneel

Bench
Potter just played high risk who cares footy. By the end of the year they where rubbish under him.

Dean Pay had a poor roster and had built a tough side. Ciraldo comes in with a very strong roster compared to Barrett. Sometimes it's timing for young coaches. The fact is with Barrett players wanted to come across and play for him. He was also talked up as a great attack coach for Penrith. Once he left they talked Ciraldo up. Siebild was also hyped up.
Untill they have runs on the board you can only guess. Ciraldo has a top 8 roster. Dean Pay and Barrett did not.
Yet I doubt they'll make the top 8 this year.

hindy111

Post Whore
They got rid of him because he was a dickhead, not because he couldn't play. If he couldn't play he would never have played three Origins plus 270 NRL games, including three grand finals. Also won Dally M halfback.
That is a bad result for Parramatta if true.

Contract is too long,
Contract is for too much money.

Depends how good this Sanders kid is. For starters he may end up never tasting NRL. If he does its a success. And at what level does he reach if he dies get into the NRL? He is eligible for SG ball this season. I assume he is only maybe 18 and a good 2yrs off NRL.

Moses will be here 5 full seasons. That means he plays at the age of
28,29,30,31,32 ......
In 2023 these guys playing age is
HUNT 33
DCE 34
Cody Walker 34
Keary 31
Reynolds 32/33
S.Johnson 32
Wighton 30
Chad Townsville 33
Moylan 31/32

I'd argue they are the better halves in game. Name some current halves that are better than yhis list that are under the age of 22 which is what Sanders would be by time Moses contract ends.
I can't think of any off the top of my head. Perhaps the Roosters kid and Burton who turns 23 soon and still wildy inconsistent.

hindy111

Post Whore
As far as to much money. 1.1 seems fine.
Some of that might be TPA. And consider what someone like Lomax or Kikau are getting.

My issue with Moses is he still seems to lose his cool. But he was far better in 22. Many halves are in peak years between 27- 31yrs old when they know how to read and control a game perfectly.

Nathan Cleary (Jeff Robson 2) is just a different beast but also potentially one of the best half we may ever have seen. They don't come along often.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Easily one of my favourite non Parra players. Love him.
Mate an absolute gent of a fella. Loves talking footy and certainly doesn’t carry himself as a big noter. Said he had offers from Norths, Parra and someone else (I was a touch pissy by this stage). Said his mum advised him to sign with Norths because Parra and the other side would have 6 or 7 Billy Moore’s on their books!

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
As far as to much money. 1.1 seems fine.
Some of that might be TPA. And consider what someone like Lomax or Kikau are getting.

My issue with Moses is he still seems to lose his cool. But he was far better in 22. Many halves are in peak years between 27- 31yrs old when they know how to read and control a game perfectly.

Nathan Cleary (Jeff Robson 2) is just a different beast but also potentially one of the best half we may ever have seen. They don't come along often.
Also, it's possible that the 4 years includes this year as his contract may have been renegotiated?

84 Baby

Referee
Depends how good this Sanders kid is. For starters he may end up never tasting NRL. If he does its a success. And at what level does he reach if he dies get into the NRL? He is eligible for SG ball this season. I assume he is only maybe 18 and a good 2yrs off NRL.

28,29,30,31,32 ......
HUNT 33
DCE 34
Cody Walker 34
Keary 31
Reynolds 32/33
S.Johnson 32
Wighton 30
Chad Townsville 33
Moylan 31/32

I'd argue they are the better halves in game. Name some current halves that are better than yhis list that are under the age of 22 which is what Sanders would be by time Moses contract ends.
I can't think of any off the top of my head. Perhaps the Roosters kid and Burton who turns 23 soon and still wildy inconsistent.
Agree but with kids, particularly halves, they need a pathway so that at 24-25, they can be among better halves. The timing of Moses doesn’t really affect Sanders unless he proves to be such a prodigious talent to force selection.
Moses contract will affect Jrthur a lot more.

84 Baby

Referee
A child may ground him too. Whether that makes him better or not is a separate thing.

yy_cheng

Coach

28,29,30,31,32 ......
HUNT 33
DCE 34
Cody Walker 34
Keary 31
Reynolds 32/33
S.Johnson 32
Wighton 30
Chad Townsville 33
Moylan 31/32

There havent been a junior half that stayed at Parra for yonks that have went on.

There was Mortz, Witt, Keating, Smith all had wraps on them but didnt go on.

Maybe Hodgkinson and Buetner was the best of the bunch.

Buying a half in form hasnt really worked out as well:- Dykes, Sandow, Green.

Maybe JT was the best but his stay was short.

Dyl was home grown basically and Moses blossumed here.

So I think $1.1 is a fair price considering the current salary cap rise

the phantom menace

First Grade
I think 4 years at $4.4mil (1.1/year) is fine.

Maybe it's 3 at $3.3mil, with a 1 year player option for the 4th? Or as others have said maybe it includes this season on upgraded contract and a further 3 years?

Either way, it likely won't stop career development of any pre-pubescent halves with big wraps that we have coming through the juniors.