What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don’t think it follows that a team with lower completions is indicative of said team not valuing completions. It just means they aren’t good at it. We’ve been one of the top offloading teams over the last few seasons despite having some of the best possession stats. We should be minimising offloads if it we were so terrified of not maintaining possession.
Again, you’re looking at it from a simplistic, qualitative perspective. You need to consider it from a quantitative point of view. While you want to minimise things like errors and penalties within your risk profile, having zero of either (over a sufficiently long sample) is a sign that you aren’t taking enough risks. Each team will have a completion rate ‘sweet spot’ where they are taking enough risks to maximise their strengths while not taking so many risks that they expose their weaknesses beyond their ability to cover them.

DaveMc

Juniors
Yep. As I’ve said before, there would be no team more affected than us by lopsided possession. This is because we have more attacking players in our pack than quality defenders. So Arthur’s tactic to control possession suits us. Any tactic that increases the risk of turnovers doesn’t.

A team whose strength is its speed, on the other hand, does benefit more from riskier play. A team with a more defensive pack would be less affected by turnovers.
Bring in the Walker brothers as assistants. Their entire philosophy was time in possession.

Homo man69

Juniors
If we beat the panthers, I'll do a nudie run from my car on the street near the club to the Ray Price statue and back. At 2:00am the following morning. Ive done this 3 times in the past.
GOOOOOO EELS

Homo man69

Juniors
Super League's so called best hooker Kruise Lemming has left Leeds and been linked to the NRL. The cowboys were rumoured front runners but according to several English articles there not interested and never held any conversations. Dear lord please let it be us

Latest posts