What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Johnny88

Juniors
The Sydney Roosters have denied any interest in Parramatta Eels halfback Mitchell Moses.
Moses had the opportunity to join the club four years ago – but rejected a big-money offer.
“We’re not interested,” said Roosters chairman Nick Politis.

“We’re more than happy with Sam Walker as our halfback.
“There has been absolutely no discussion around Mitchell Moses.”
Moses has been offered $5 million over four years at the Eels but is baulking at signing.
The Roosters have a suspicion the club is being used as a leverage to build on Moses’ $1.2 million-a-year offer from the Eels.
“That’s why it’s important we make a statement and confirm he is not part of our plans,” Politis said.

emjaycee

Coach
The Sydney Roosters have denied any interest in Parramatta Eels halfback Mitchell Moses.
Moses had the opportunity to join the club four years ago – but rejected a big-money offer.

Moses has been offered $5 million over four years at the Eels but is baulking at signing.
The Roosters have a suspicion the club is being used as a leverage to build on Moses’ $1.2 million-a-year offer from the Eels.
“That’s why it’s important we make a statement and confirm he is not part of our plans,” Politis said.

I expect him to sign with the Roosters before Easter now.

eels_fan

First Grade
I applaud the club for not upping their offer and sticking to their guns on their valuation of Moses and the length of deal. It's clear if we'd caved and upped our offer he'd have signed on the dotted line by now. I'm glad we're not letting Isaac Moses play us for fools. Whether its every club in the country, or just one club interested in Moses - the offer should remain the same.

Incorrect

Coach

Well if he's not good enough for the Roosters, he's not good enough for us... On yer bike Mitch!

Gronk

Staff member
I applaud the club for not upping their offer and sticking to their guns on their valuation of Moses and the length of deal. It's clear if we'd caved and upped our offer he'd have signed on the dotted line by now. I'm glad we're not letting Isaac Moses play us for fools. Whether its every club in the country, or just one club interested in Moses - the offer should remain the same.
Shoulda kicked those goals Mitchy. 3-0 vs 0-3, the natives are getting restless are are slowly giving zero f**ks.

emjaycee

Coach
Surely they would need to show what they can do at NRL level to earn a contract upgrade so offering them anything now may be a bit premature.
That makes some level of sense, however do most players show what they can do at NRL level before being contracted? How would that work, they don't all get exemptions to play NRL?
I think a club makes a decision based on what they see when on 2nd tier contracts and playing reggies, etc. and then offers NRL contract based on that. Sometimes they get it right and other times they get it wrong.