What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Don't confuse my week to week optimism with a lack of understanding about the realities of our situation mate.

We aren't that bad. If we where getting flogged id be worried.
Losing in Canberra without your beat two players out and 1 million of cap space wasted in Brown and Waqa plus 400k on the old mole. 2024 we will be so much better

JokerEel

Coach
We aren't that bad. If we where getting flogged id be worried.
Losing in Canberra without your beat two players out and 1 million of cap space wasted in Brown and Waqa plus 400k on the old mole. 2024 we will be so much better

You keep saying we will be much better.

How who comes into our side to make it better?

IFR33K

Coach
So you don’t think that Emu has trimmed down in the recent off season, got fitter so he can play that faster NRL speed and longer minutes? You reckon that 2021 or 2022 Emu could have played NRL like he is now ?

I’m no stats guy, but I bet you a $1 that his NRL runs per minute has increased exponentially from his reggies amble hand-on-hips game.

I have seen this argument used for Carty as well, saying he was under used. However he has clearly been successful this year because he listened to whoever in the coaching staff was in his ear. No more hail marys, just run hard and only look for the off load when it’s on.Hit n stick defence. 2023 Carty is a very (?) disciplined player.

So I’m not looking for people to say congratulations to BA, it could be all Emu or his maturity or his mum or something else, but my opinion is that he is doing well because he has worked on his body and game and I don’t buy that he was always ready for NRL and it was only the lack of opportunity that blocked him.

Thoughts ?

Emu is a year older and hopefully wiser. If his diet or fitness was no good last year who knows. He’s been very good this year. But playing 6 minutes a week wouldn’t have helped him.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Our negatives outweigh our positives though.

We have an old cripple in our spine who detracts from the others.
Our two starting props need to play long minutes because their replacements are crap.
Our gun second rower was injured for the first 5 weeks.
Our star lock missed 3 weeks instead of paying a fine ffs.

Then we have one lazy winger and we can't settle on the right reserve grader for the other wing because one keeps dropping the ball and the other runs like a 90 year old grandmother.

One centre is good but the other has no strength to break the line and gets ragdolled when he hits the defence.

Our other second rower is a Dogs reserve grade discard and our bench forwards are average reserve graders.

We over achieved last year which has led to complacency in recruitment for 2023 and a squad that has 8 or 9 good players and a bunch of nuffies around them.

And we have a bald coach from the bush with no idea on how to develop game day tactics, how to motivate the players and how to improve our defence.

We simply aren't as good as some of you think we should be.
And yet you still think the squad failings have nothing to do with the coach and he shouldn’t be under pressure?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The signing of Davey was the greatest brainfart in 2023. Up there with Hodgson, Murchie and Momoisea.
It was just doubling down on derp, there is a reason he didn't play first grade till 29. Handy squad filler but for him to waltz straight into to a starting spot is laughble. Doorey is a better option, and i would argue Murchie on an edge would do a better job. But Bea loves his journeyman plodders, Gower,Fa'aso, Prichard,Nelson,De Gois the list goes on.........

King-Gutho94

Coach
Would anyone want Cheika.

I see he put his hand up for the Dragons job.

He coached Lebanon in the world cup last year.

It would be a huge risk to go with a rugby bloke though i reckon

The signing of Davey was the greatest brainfart in 2023. Up there with Hodgson, Murchie and Momoisea.
The clown then selects him in front of two inform 2nd Rowers. How the hell is this shit quality of player in our team or even at our club? What the hell? Who’s in charge of recruitment and are they freakn drunk?

hindy111

Post Whore
It was just doubling down on derp, there is a reason he didn't play first grade till 29. Handy squad filler but for him to waltz straight into to a starting spot is laughble. Doorey is a better option, and i would argue Murchie on an edge would do a better job. But Bea loves his journeyman plodders, Gower,Fa'aso, Prichard,Nelson,De Gois the list goes on.........

Davey is a toiler. Great option if have a few injuries. Like David Gower. Well Gower was better but you get my drift. He is Makatoa level.

Latest posts