What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T-Boon

Coach
I've been thinking a bit lately about how to grow the game of Rugby League and missed opportunities in the code (I think there are some big ones) and I'll produce the goods with my ideas either in this thread or if people would prefer, I'll start a new thread so it can get more attention. Stand by.

crocodile

Bench
I've been thinking a bit lately about how to grow the game of Rugby League and missed opportunities in the code (I think there are some big ones) and I'll produce the goods with my ideas either in this thread or if people would prefer, I'll start a new thread so it can get more attention. Stand by.
Unfortunately, only our little club here will sight it and half will perfunctorily disagree anyway. A quarter will give a tacit nod and the remaining quarter will give you a like.
*Removes cynic's hat.

T.S Quint

Coach

Can't wait!

Gronk

Staff member
The fact that we didn’t appeal it probably means he did need the week off. The rule has always been in place that you can apply to appeal. If I know that, then I’m sure our medical team do too.
Yeah well he was hit with a cat 1 on Wed 31/5. They have a bye this week, but the 11 day stand down would still wipe him out for today week vs Dolphins.

The 11 day stand down was clearly designed to avoid exactly this situation and ensuring player welfare is paramount over club interests.

So who has the final say ?

I see there are a few who are automatically taking the view that the independent Dr has some link with the bunker and therefore has NFI, but that’s a tenuous link. I mean we have an independent Dr for exactly this reason, so clubs can’t cut corners and players don’t sue in X years time sighting failure of duty of care and coercion.

Noise

Coach
Yeah well he was hit with a cat 1 on Wed 31/5. They have a bye this week, but the 11 day stand down would still wipe him out for today week vs Dolphins.

The 11 day stand down was clearly designed to avoid exactly this situation and ensuring player welfare is paramount over club interests.

So who has the final say ?

I see there are a few who are automatically taking the view that the independent Dr has some link with the bunker and therefore has NFI, but that’s a tenuous link. I mean we have an independent Dr for exactly this reason, so clubs can’t cut corners and players don’t sue in X years time sighting failure of duty of care and coercion.
An independent doctor is making a rushed diagnosis based on limited vision on a screen. A doctor examining a patient with plenty of time can make a much better assessment. If you were a patient which would you prefer to make a thorough, accurate diagnosis?

Tiger5150

Bench
Brookes has been on more than Moses his entire career until next season. Do you think he's had more demand than Moses in all that time?
This year is the only year that Brooks has ever been on more than Moses and it was because of backending his deal. Cool story though.

Tiger5150

Bench

I'd like you to release your manifesto here, one sentence at a time, or alternatively in a sonnet, or a haiku.

T.S Quint

Coach
This year is the only year that Brooks has ever been on more than Moses and it was because of backending his deal. Cool story though.

I doubt it.
Brooks was Rookie of the year in 2013 before Moses even played first grade. I'm sure he would have been earning more than Moses for at least a couple of years in those early days.

eels_fan

First Grade
A don’t think there has ever been a season to date where Moses has been paid more than Brooks. Next season and beyond, sure

Stevie

Bench
I’m away for a few weeks in the Greek Islands atm so can you boys make sure things are under control whilst I’m away?!

Knocking back a few Mythos draughts watching the sun go down in Mykonos atm with the lovely wife and kids asleep, and even in all this majestic nature I can’t help but dream of a Parra premiership before I’m 45.