What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The Predictor

Juniors
what I like most about that is the three in reserves

Gutho played wing when he came from Manly and we all knew he wasn't a winger but he showed a big heart and determination and it got him some NRL experience and the rest is history.

As long as Talagi is no prima donna and he's willing to start on the wing, this may work out OK.
U can’t be a prim donna, if u can’t tackle

Tiger5150

Bench
I put it to you that physicality wasn’t his problem but rather it was his concentration and positioning in defence that led to so many low percentage attempted tackles.

We saw his physicality when he ran over Trbojevic.
What did we see when another 18yo in Galvin put him on his arse with a simple fend to set up the game winning try?
1713254866502.png

He is a kid and cant tackle to first grade standard. Its not unexpected in a kid his age and size but it is what it is.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Lomax is an incredible piece of business by the club. Recruitment team definitely deserves flak for the depth in our outside backs but they also deserve a sh1t-ton of credit for getting this done and I’d argue on unders.

Lomax is an elite level signing, who is in elite/career best form. I’m genuinely not sure who the last blue chip signing we had who we can say that about.

Soto

Bench
I think it’s been “forced”. With everything happening Talagi would of course want assurances he has chance at first grade. Lomax probably blows that opportunity out until decisions are made on more senior players.
We are not the only club nor BA the only coach this happens to.
What the selection says to me is they think Talagi is a player worth keeping, as do I.
Agree and if you keep him in or around the 17 he can fill In at centre, 5/8 and fullback...
Plus because he's quick he can bit of an x-factor in the later stages of each half and especially in warmer conditions like Darwin where there may be more fatigue

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What did we see when another 18yo in Galvin put him on his arse with a simple fend to set up the game winning try?
View attachment 86675

He is a kid and cant tackle to first grade standard. Its not unexpected in a kid his age and size but it is what it is.
Galvin was already moving away from him at the point of contact. That benefits the attacker. The key to defence is to get your body in front, which starts with correct positioning at the play the ball. That takes the fend out of play. Talagi is fast and strong, and used to being able to make up ground on attackers who get outside him in the lower grades. He made 20 tackles against the Tigers, so he can obviously tackle. The problem was our effort was down and so our edge defenders didn’t get as much help from the inside as yours did.

Latest posts