What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Didnt we carry him on the cap for those 2 years (2012-2013) he was away as it was originally a 4 year deal which is why he agreed straight away after the 2011 GF to sign.

What a brain-dead lunatic decision that was another Kearney masterstroke.

One of our best… we were pretty much at our lowest at that point, desperate times.

Tiger5150

Bench
Galvin was already moving away from him at the point of contact. That benefits the attacker. The key to defence is to get your body in front, which starts with correct positioning at the play the ball. That takes the fend out of play. Talagi is fast and strong, and used to being able to make up ground on attackers who get outside him in the lower grades. He made 20 tackles against the Tigers, so he can obviously tackle.
Lucky the other 20 times they didnt run away from him.

He made 20 tackles, missed 3 and had 5 ineffective tackles. Defending at 70%.

Sounds perfect for a first grader defending at 6.

Soto

Bench
I don't get the hate for this guy - quality player.
He needs a change of clubs and can only be a centre or lock now me thinks.
His knee injuries may cost him...he's now ditched his manager and wants to negotiate on his own. I think the arrival of all these halves at the Tigers means he's next to no chance of playing 5/8 there.
Galvin, Fainu, Sezer and Luai have the halves covered.
If he can get his body right he would be a handy pickup for any club...I think he needs to reset his expectations of what he thinks he's worth....a yr or 2 ago it was being reported he would be asking $900k next contract. At this stage I wouldn't pay 1/3 of that until he can put a season together without being injured

Tiger5150

Bench
He needs a change of clubs and can only be a centre or lock now me thinks.
His knee injuries may cost him...he's now ditched his manager and wants to negotiate on his own. I think the arrival of all these halves at the Tigers means he's next to no chance of playing 5/8 there.
Galvin, Fainu, Sezer and Luai have the halves covered.
If he can get his body right he would be a handy pickup for any club...I think he needs to reset his expectations of what he thinks he's worth....a yr or 2 ago it was being reported he would be asking $900k next contract. At this stage I wouldn't pay 1/3 of that until he can put a season together without being injured
Centre and lock were his natural positions but unluckily for everyone, he joined the club with unhealthy aspirations at exactly the time we were weakest in the halves (we actually had Wakeham & Will Smith starting last year) and Doueihi actually started to believe he was a 6.

Even before his third ACL injury, he was too slow for centre (or 6 or 1) and his defence is putrid. I genuinely feel sorry for him. He seems a great guy and there is a good footy brain in there and a good footballer, but its a big slow good footballer who cant tackle and there is limited calling for those guys anymore.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Didnt we carry him on the cap for those 2 years (2012-2013) he was away as it was originally a 4 year deal which is why he agreed straight away after the 2011 GF to sign.

What a brain-dead lunatic decision that was another Kearney masterstroke.
What! Nooooo. That can’t be right.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lucky the other 20 times they didnt run away from him.

He made 20 tackles, missed 3 and had 5 ineffective tackles. Defending at 70%.

Sounds perfect for a first grader defending at 6.
Three misses isn’t too bad but the ineffective tackles is what happens when halves are left isolated. Again, the solution is help from the inside. That’s also how teams prevent missed tackles from turning into line breaks.

hindy111

Post Whore
Three misses isn’t too bad but the ineffective tackles is what happens when halves are left isolated. Again, the solution is help from the inside. That’s also how teams prevent missed tackles from turning into line breaks.

Blaize will end up about 95kgs I would guess. What would Dylan be 90?
His defense will be fine. Id expect it will be 2026/2027 before it is great

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Centre and lock were his natural positions but unluckily for everyone, he joined the club with unhealthy aspirations at exactly the time we were weakest in the halves (we actually had Wakeham & Will Smith starting last year) and Doueihi actually started to believe he was a 6.

Even before his third ACL injury, he was too slow for centre (or 6 or 1) and his defence is putrid. I genuinely feel sorry for him. He seems a great guy and there is a good footy brain in there and a good footballer, but its a big slow good footballer who cant tackle and there is limited calling for those guys anymore.
Super League would be ideal for him tbh.

Enamoured Eel

Juniors

Watch the Raiders game on replay. The opposition was offloading or landing on their front at will whenever he was involved in contact.

I think he is an outstanding prospect but he can’t be playing 80 in firsts at this stage of his career. He was found wanting terribly from the outset.

I don’t think I’m being harsh or unreasonable. I watched his first try on repeat about 100x and it is tantalising what he will do at some stage in the future.