What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
In my opinion, and I don't claim to be an expert, this is where we need to start and the fist talent off the mark should be the next coach and then his staff, and then the playing roster in that order

will take some time but our priorities to me, seem to be wrong

retainaing the coach and re-siging non rep players on rep money and letting him continually identify duds as talent is not the way forward for mine

Well Nathan Brown buggered off for some reason when he was starting to make an impact.

Ball won the comp
Matt's 1 game of the GF
Flegg 1 game off the GF with the Ball kids

Fast forward to this year...

Ball won in last minute to make semis and was beaten easily against Dogs.
Matt's went undefeated in season knocked out easily by Warriors.

Flegg Haven't won a game..

I don't see anyone really putting their hand up in those grades to be brought up.

yy_cheng

Coach
Tbh I've not seen what all the hype about Blaize is. Attack ok, nothing special and D poor so can someone fill me in please?

Is a good tactic for the purpose to try and reaign him cheap. Shows how not ready he is and so noone would want him or chase him hard with $$
Good bottom line tacti as we gwt him cheap and in 2 years excel ans we have him for unders

Stefano thought he was ready and left. Maybe he was ready but he never got the chance to show it here

hindy111

Post Whore
Is a good tactic for the purpose to try and reaign him cheap. Shows how not ready he is and so noone would want him or chase him hard with $$
Good bottom line tacti as we gwt him cheap and in 2 years excel ans we have him for unders

Stefano thought he was ready and left. Maybe he was ready but he never got the chance to show it here

The problem with our junior development is if a real good one is coming thru went seem to lose half of them once close to ready.
Stefano, Sanders for example.

Zoso

Juniors
There’s been a serious lack of grit and steel in our club for a very long time. As has been said by others, Dean Pay was probably our last great leader.
I agree we need to be better everywhere but great leadership should be a non-negotiable pillar of what we build next.
If we can’t get it on the field (let’s face it, there aren’t a lot of Steve Price type leaders out there), then off the field is a start.
I see Cronk/Slater type coaching as more strategy and smarts and Bennett/Flanagan as mongrel and grit. We need the latter.
Now that Flanno is gone, in my dreams it’s a Bennett+Burgess head coach and succession combo.

eels_fan

First Grade
Realistically what are our halves options next week with Asi out?

BA last week said Blaize isn’t a half in the NRL he’s a centre or fb

King-Gutho94

Coach
There’s been a serious lack of grit and steel in our club for a very long time. As has been said by others, Dean Pay was probably our last great leader.
I agree we need to be better everywhere but great leadership should be a non-negotiable pillar of what we build next.
If we can’t get it on the field (let’s face it, there aren’t a lot of Steve Price type leaders out there), then off the field is a start.
I see Cronk/Slater type coaching as more strategy and smarts and Bennett/Flanagan as mongrel and grit. We need the latter.
Now that Flanno is gone, in my dreams it’s a Bennett+Burgess head coach and succession combo.
Burgess will be another Ricky I reckon if he came here. It would be a waste of time.

His heart is with Souths.

He will just piss off back home to them moment Latrell and his mate Cody are gone.

oldmancraigy

Coach
we have a bloke in the top 30 who was 18th man for the Wenty magpies RM cup side on the weekend.

just let that sink in for a moment….

The best part is that he plays in the one position we have more than enough depth in. So much depth that he is unlikely to be necessary even with a significant injury toll...

Use the spot to try and sign a hooker? Or an outside back? Or an edge forward?