What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Johnny88

Juniors
Gutherson’s secret injury revealed as Eels review Darwin deal

Parramatta captain Clint Gutherson is playing through the pain of a knee injury that required fluid to be drained from it just to take the field in Darwin as the Eels review whether Friday’s horror trip to the Top End should be their last.
The club’s finals hopes could be all but over within a month after another second-half capitulation, this time to the Dolphins, to heap further pressure on Brad Arthur

.Arthur’s position is safe for now, but even he would admit the pressure will be right on if there are further capitulations like the one against the Dolphins, as well as the Raiders earlier this month.

The No.1 barely trained in the Top End during the week, and not for the first time required fluid drained from his knee on game day.
He underwent surgery on his right knee over the summer, but has continued to experience problems and chronic pain.
Painkilling injections do not help, while fans would have noticed him grimace in pain when he kicked the final goal

The Eels are contracted to play one game per season in the Northern Territory until the end of next year, but the club is considering whether it remains a prudent move to keep taking games to the region after Friday’s devastating loss.
The relationship has been financially rewarding and Darwin proved a happy hunting ground in its early years. However, the blue and golds have conceded 105 points in their last three “home” games in the Northern Territory – all against Queensland teams – and scored just 36.
The trip, against opponents more accustomed to the tropical conditions, has been a physically taxing one that limits the team’s ability to prepare for their next assignment.
“As is the case with anything in the normal course of business, it’s something we need to reflect on and review,” said Parramatta chief executive Jim Sarantinos.
The immediate issue for Arthur is there are no troops ready to replace the players who were so disappointing against the Dolphins.
There has been a push for Ethan Sanders to be given a debut in the halves, but there remain concerns about him being physically ready.
The Raiders on Monday made a three-year offer to Sanders, which he is expected to take up for the start of 2025

oldmancraigy

Coach
But they're obviously responsible for every loss

If that's what you think
It seems an odd position to take, but that's up to you.

What does appear clear is that the half-time pep talk last night was not on point. Based on the evidence available of the message communicated afterwards.

I don't know why you drew your personal asusmption that therefore every loss is the result of the half time talk. Weird.

Toothpicks
Pancakes

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What does appear clear is that the half-time pep talk last night was not on point. Based on the evidence available of the message communicated afterwards.
Agreed. We held them to a single try in the first half so Arthur's must've told them to take it easy in the second. We had done enough ffs

King-Gutho94

Coach
Firstly, the response as a test was last night - we were only one game removed from the debacle in Canberra! So test failed.

secondly, you WOULD think Arthur would know what to say at half time, but again you are right…after 260+ games and 137 wins he still has no idea how to right this ship.

Keep those excuses and fallacies coming though….
22 times in 260 games we have conceded 40+ pits under BA.

That's once every 12 games so twice a season.

How is that acceptable.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Except Mitch Kenny wins matches. And finals games. And grand finals.
Every strong team has cheap squad members. That's how they can afford to pay more to their stars.
That was your standard last night as to why Marshall-King is shit compared to Joey Lussick.
It was nothing to do with a Lussick comparison. Lussick has also won f**k all NRL games. A low win rate (over a large sample) could just mean a player prefers being overpaid to winning. In the context of who you want at your club it's definitely a red flag.
On your own apparent standards, Mitch Kenny is the best hooker of his generation.
Or just provides good value. You can make up your own mind which.

Ness1500

Juniors
You know what we bag the shit out of player’s and often they are on huge money and in need of a wake up call, but players like Cini and Harper try their absolute heart out each game and for them to cop all this from us including me, though I don’t mind either of them, to make first grade is an absolutely outstanding achievement, yet we tear them down like they are nothing, how many of us have played elite sport?

I really hope they and their families don’t read this…..and we have a mental health page, which is fantastic, but I’m just saying ….i for one am going to try and be better, same goes for BA, he can’t take us any further, but he has done his very best..,..in saying that these useless merkins better win tonigh

I was talking about the whole Talakai/Harper thing with a mate at work who’s a big Moanly supporter. He said to me, do you remember Harper’s game the week after that? Obviously I said no because I wouldn’t have a clue about Manly… he said he blitzed it. Played out of his skin. Also mentioned how he came back early from Covid for that Sharks game trying to do the right thing for the team, which obviously didn’t work out.

I’ve no idea on the accuracy of it, but it does show how the media portrays something and fans and even so called experts can’t really see past it.
Your mate was definitely pretty accurate. He did come back early and was undercooked. He had lost like 5kgs in a week from being in bed. He came back and did smash it. It is a shame that so many people keep bringing that one game up. How easy it is to forget the good stuff people do and focus on the negative.

Latest posts