What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What concerns me is that any of out talented juniors seem to be poached by other clubs before they make NRL. Our club is hopeless at retaining any decent juniors. Who of our current crop, likely to make NRL in 25/26, have been signed for next year or beyond? Anyone know?
* = player option
" = mutual option

Utility: Brown, Gutherson (31), Talagi (20)*
Fullback: -
W/C: Dunster (26)", Lomax, Penisini, Russell (23), Sivo
Half: Moses
Hooker: Hands (26), Lussick (30)
Edge forward: Cartwright (31), Doorey (25), Lane, Mataele (23), Matterson, Tuilagi (26)
Middle: Campbell-Gillard (32), Greig, Hopgood (26), Moretti (25), Ofahengaue (30), Paulo, Tuivati (20)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If I was the incoming coach I would be scratching my head on how we are developing our juniors and also retaining them ..

Along with how we are getting bent over by players to sign long dumb contracts..

Panthers have a price point and don't budge seems to work especially when you have built your junior base up to come in when a player leaves chasing the $$$$

How we can't do this is beyond me we just lack the people at the club that can put it together
The Panthers lacked the people as well so they brought in Gould. Then the Warriors brought him in then so did the Bulldogs.

eels_fan

First Grade
Still shitty about last night.

I have a feeling Moses will be back for Broncos. Or at worst for Storm. I don’t think we should rush him but like Carty he’s going to want to be out there, and BA isn’t going to say no when his head is on the line

trying to look somewhat positively, we’re still likely to be only 1 win (and some F&A) out of the top 8 at the end of the round which speaks volumes for the lack of consistency in the comp.

panthers, broncos and storm at locks for the top 4. Aside from them, I think every other team bar the titans, tigers and ponga-less knights have the ability to string a few wins and make the finals

The Predictor

Juniors
I'd have Talagi in the centres, Guth still at the back. I don't think Gutho's body is up to 80mins front line defence.

But agree with swapping Brown to fullback on occasion, assuming our season is over (or will be after two more games) and all we have to play for is next year's combos.
I wouldn’t have Talagi anywhere near first grade at the moment

the phantom menace

First Grade
panthers, broncos and storm at locks for the top 4. Aside from them, I think every other team bar the titans, tigers and ponga-less knights have the ability to string a few wins and make the finals
Agree. But if I wasn't an Eels fans (and was looking at the comp with less biased eyes), I'd likely have us in that same bunch as Titans, Tigers, and Knights - along with basket case Souths.

eels_fan

First Grade
Agree. But if I wasn't an Eels fans (and was looking at the comp with less biased eyes), I'd likely have us in that same bunch as Titans, Tigers, and Knights - along with basket case Souths.
Whilst not playing like it currently, both Souths and us have enough quality in their top 17 if we have them all on the park we can go on a bit of a run.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Whilst not playing like it currently, both Souths and us have enough quality in their top 17 if we have them all on the park we can go on a bit of a run.
But that's not going to happen, with suspensions, injuries, rep duty etc.

It's a game of at least a top 22, over the course of a season. Our assembled squad depth doesn't cut it and we aren't a threat to challenge - but yes, we can spring an upset here or there.

Latest posts