What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
1 would have been enough for you
Don’t try and deflect with mythoughts on Baldie. So two from two isn’t a sign??

The bloke seems to have problems with anyone who isn’t a yes man, or anyone who could be perceived as a threat. How many promising coaches have been let go while the Murph keeps on keeping on??? Kidwell was horrible how long did we put up with him?? Barrett is damaged goods and not a serious threat.

Yeah no patterns at all just Male Pattern Baldness.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So two from two isn’t a sign??

didn't say that did I ?

he could very well have an issue with the situation, truth is I dont know and I'm not preteding to know all about how the mechanicas of our back room operate

Eelementary

Post Whore
{I believe we have a junior we want to keep.}
Now go back to the earlier questions over what our options are if Talagi's manager decides to play hardball with us.
Then go back to my observation that The Knights have glut of talented fullbacks stuck behind Ponga who is on $1.2 for multiple years.
Ill flesh it out a little more. Joey Johns has said Fletcher Sharpe could be the most talented fullback coming through in a generation. Alex Mckinnon said David Armstrong was the best FB he had seen coming through in a long time.
Will Price is a class player but needs more development. (As they all do.)
Also mentioned Gutho has had numerous knee surgeries so maybe we should prepare just in case.
Final point is that Talagi has not shown us he has the ability to play fullback as yet.
Ok, Im done.

Talagi, and his management, seem to be acting as though he is in the same calibre of player such as Jamie Lyon, or Jarryd Hayne.

At 19, Lyon played for Australia.

At 18, Hayne played for the Prime Minister's XIII, plus for City Origin.

Talagi is not even on the same planet when it is compared to these two.

yy_cheng

Coach
Moimoisea and Murchie - to be fair, I dont think so.

Lussick and Davey - no question, they have BA written all over them
Moimoisea dunno.

Murchie seemed a classic BA mould but he stuck him in the middle.

Maybe he was trying to prove to the r&r that he wanted a middle and not all edgers can play in the middle

King-Gutho94

Coach
Don’t try and deflect with mythoughts on Baldie. So two from two isn’t a sign??

The bloke seems to have problems with anyone who isn’t a yes man, or anyone who could be perceived as a threat. How many promising coaches have been let go while the Murph keeps on keeping on??? Kidwell was horrible how long did we put up with him?? Barrett is damaged goods and not a serious threat.

Yeah no patterns at all just Male Pattern Baldness.
I didnt rate Kidwell either but tbf our defence has gone backwards since he left.

So he must have been doing okay we had top 4 Defence in 2020 & 2021 when he was the defence coach.

And it slipped midway through 2022 when he left yeah we made the GF but we were the 8th best defence that year.

Since a dribbler in Antonelli has come in it has gotten worse.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep, he was my first culprit but then realised he posted it. Whoever it is, it’s

1. f**ked that we have this within our culture
2. Dylan and Matto thinking this is a great idea to put out into the world. I’m deadset off these peanuts.

Your using my peanuts now?

Legal Eel

Juniors
Does Pou know?
Do you have a stat that definitively shows that Lussick's retention in first grade has any connection to his relationship with Gutho?

Can you definitively prove it?

If not, Pou will deny its relevance entirely - opinions and views have no place in rugby league.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Well we have shied away from TPA's which in turn puts pressure on our cap as we dont have 'extras' and the players BA has needed and have wanted are not cheap, so we lose out at the negotiation table. We have a squad based on a particular style of play and when you load your salary cap with a quality (expensive) 1, 6 & 7 and then top it up with some highly paid forwards, you dont have a lot left over.
While none of us are in the rooms and relevant discussions to have absolute knowledge, what we do know is that a coach has been in place for 11 years. He's one of the longest tenured coaches in NRL history who hasn't won a premiership (I think only Smith, Murray and Nathan Brown have coached more games without a premiership - and none has had as long a stint at the same club).

If the type of squad he wants means we have consistent problems out wide, then that's a problem.
I'm not so sure that our squad is the biggest issue - good players will do what they are told to do, and it appears we have a particular style of play (blind Freddy can see it) - we play both a dour attacking style, which opens up into a game full of flair at times. Our attack is fine (IMO), but the defensive structures are lacking.

If you parachute a Wayne Bennett in for a couple of years, the squad will have a red-hot tilt at a premiership. I think Wayne would probably show Paulo the door (he doesn't like highly paid props - all coaches have their preferences for spending), but we'd need quite a bit to get over the hump with the squad (as currently assembled).

So all in all - I dunno. As you say, these things are difficult. But Brad isn't the answer next year - and he has the squad he wants to play his style of footy. It's not working.

(what I don't see helping rationale discussion is people asking for his sacking because he is bald, and others saying it's all the players fault).

Latest posts