What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How on earth would you know that? What if the problem is exactly what we DO have in non-financial resources?
Because it would have resolved itself with all the personnel changes over nearly four decades.
If the finances are in place, then they aren't the problem. So what IS the problem?
I am extremely unconvinced the “finances are in place” to match clubs like Penrith. They claimed to have spent $17M in 2019 while we only spent about $10M in the same year. You’ve implied we could match their spend if we felt like it, but I can’t see why we wouldn’t. It is coming out of no merkin’s pocket other than the PLC.
Financial issues would have to do with usage: Is it how they are allocated? Is it who allocates them? Or is it where they are allocated? Or is it that they are not allocated? (the questions could go on and on).
If it is management: who/ where/ at which level?
It it is personnel, which ones/ at what level/ doing which jobs?

I don't know the answer, but neither do you. Which is odd, because it appears that you lecture others and continually try to make out we don't have the finances of other clubs. Sorry, but if it is just cash we are a perennial top 4 team and title contender.
I believe, after watching the game for decades and seeing how it’s far from a level playing field, and how often ‘personalities’ are involved with successful clubs, that there is an unofficial economy distorting the playing field that is ostensibly leveled by the salary caps. I feel this unofficial economy is why some clubs (e.g. Penrith, Easts, Melbourne and Souths) can benefit from heavy pathways investment while others (e.g. Wests until about 2015 when they gave up, or Parra) struggle to retain the juniors they want to bring up to the NRL squad.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No it just means that they are producing absolute shit and losing every game isn't how you develop a winning culture at the club.

But you would not understand that.
We won SG Ball last year and now the four best players are in reserve grade instead of Flegg. We also made the finals again in Ball and Matts.