What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The only way Pou would concede anyone is a good signing is if the club had actually already signed them AND most of the forum identified how bog average that player is.

if this happened with Skelton, Pou would love him more than his own mother
Bog average players can be great signings if you’re not paying too much. It’s about value ffs. It’s not f**ken hard.

How do we know how much they’re getting paid? We don’t! But we can make inferences based on age, length of contract and likely demand for the player.

And then we can all f**ken argue about it. It’s very exciting.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This Is Interesting Season 4 GIF by The Office

King-Gutho94

Coach

I know its Ashley Klein but seriously 2 off-duty coppers throwing projectile's at the referee after the game.

Not only should they banned from attending NRL games but probably should be facing criminal chargers and stood down from the police force.

What example is that setting those blokes should know better.

Glenneel

Bench
I would if MON be immediately on the phone to Tristan Sailors manager and get him to parra asap.
Left out of the 17.
He's a very good player. He should be our fullback...even when Guth returns..
I have his dads #...I should message him 😀
Actually one of the best posts of the year. We'd be mad not to have a go at him as not able to crack strong donkey's side. Very good player too good for reserve grade and fullback is his best position and Lomax to centre. That's the making of a good side now just need decent backups for all positions and small changes to the forwards (as in d/h) to be really competitive next year. This year imo is a write off already so lets concentrate on improving our roster for next year.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
But they did happen - we rolled the dice on 3 players on minimum wage or near enough and they didnt pan out so we got them off the books as quickly as possible. How is that f**ked up with the club? Every club signs speccies and then let's them go when they don't work out. Is every club f**ked up in that regard?

And how the f**k was the Lomax signing luck? Since 2022 we have chased Staggs (stayed at Brisbane), Farnworth (stayed locally in QLD) and Lomax when he originally re-signed with Dragons. The minute he is on the market we go again for him and land him - where is the luck in that?

What had Sanders shown as an 18 year old that justified signing him for a 3 year contract when he was playing Flegg? Canberra have taken a risk on him as just like everyone is saying about Talagi, he hasn't shown anything to say he is worth north of $400k. Would you have preferred we let Moses go and kept Sanders?

Because as a proactive and switched on club as soon as Sunia Turuva had declared himself available we should have jumped in and signed him for the $500K or less that he is now getting at the Tigers.

Remember we have money still in the cap for this year so it would suggest that we should have money still in the cap for next year and also having only what 26-27 players signed for this year we have more and losing even more next year we would have more than enough space in that regard to.

As for enough money in the salary cap to fit him in, I believe we should be able to easily, but by some weird miracle chance we don't I would cut players that we don't deem necessary and of lower quality then him which we have many of. Don't tell me it isn't possible. Look at how Gould signs endlessly and then just moves the pieces around as he sees fit. We just haven't a clue.

A backline with these players below looks way better then what we have at the moment.

1 Gutho
2 Sivo
3 Lomax
4 Turuva
5. TBA

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I know its Ashley Klein but seriously 2 off-duty coppers throwing projectile's at the referee after the game.

Not only should they banned from attending NRL games but probably should be facing criminal chargers and stood down from the police force.

What example is that setting those blokes should know better.
I disagree. The community needs a police service that represents them, and these guys obviously represent at least some of us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Because as a proactive and switched on club as soon as Sunia Turuva had declared himself available we should have jumped in and signed him for the $500K or less that he is now getting at the Tigers.

Remember we have money still in the cap for this year so it would suggest that we should have money still in the cap for next year
Lomax bro

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Look at how Gould signs endlessly and then just moves the pieces around as he sees fit. We just haven't a clue.
What do you think is required to get a player to agree to breaking his contract? Do you think 'a clue' is enough or would the merkin want some other compensation?

Rocket man

Juniors
Th

Remember we have money still in the cap for this year so it would suggest that we should have money still in the cap for next year and also having only what 26-27 players signed for this year we have more and losing even more next year we would have more than enough space in that regard to.

As for enough money in the salary cap to fit him in, I believe we should be able to easily, but by some weird miracle chance we don't I would cut players that we don't deem necessary and of lower quality then him which we have many of. Don't tell me it isn't possible. Look at how Gould signs endlessly and then just moves the pieces around as he sees fit. We just haven't a clue.

A backline with these players below looks way better then what we have at the moment.

1 Gutho
2 Sivo
3 Lomax
4 Turuva
5. TBA
The player has to want to move on.
If the player digs his heels in he is staying for the remainder of his contract.

Latest posts