What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Stevie

Bench
Blaize we will re-sign with NO promises on position I hope. I don’t have faith with BA’s recent language in him being Guthos successor though.

Lomax I want hands on the ball as much as possible and whilst I always desperately wanted Joseph Manu, I believe Lomax can be just as good from fullback. Big, very physically strong, kicks, aggressive, nice passing game, he is the whole package I can’t believe we nabbed him! I want him at 1 and Gutho at centre to accomodate Penis not changing sides.

I STRONGLY believe Blaize should have at least a season building as a strike NRL winger with a very simplified game plan. He obviously has great talent but his irresponsible ball passing etc shows he needs plenty of growth around game management to be an NRL fullback which he may very well be some day.

I believe he could be a very good winger for us after another off season in the gym and see where he lands.

Pazza

First Grade
Blaize we will re-sign with NO promises on position I hope. I don’t have faith with BA’s recent language in him being Guthos successor though.

Lomax I want hands on the ball as much as possible and whilst I always desperately wanted Joseph Manu, I believe Lomax can be just as good from fullback. Big, very physically strong, kicks, aggressive, nice passing game, he is the whole package I can’t believe we nabbed him! I want him at 1 and Gutho at centre to accomodate Penis not changing sides.

I STRONGLY believe Blaize should have at least a season building as a strike NRL winger with a very simplified game plan. He obviously has great talent but his irresponsible ball passing etc shows he needs plenty of growth around game management to be an NRL fullback which he may very well be some day.

I believe he could be a very good winger for us after another off season in the gym and see where he lands.

Lomax has never been able to pin down the STG fullback spot under multiple coaches now. If it was such a sure thing, why hasn't he done it

Stevie

Bench
Lomax has never been able to pin down the STG fullback spot under multiple coaches now. If it was such a sure thing, why hasn't he done it
In my opinion he has not been consistent enough but last year into this year he seems to have really turned a corner. Listening to him interview on Saturday night he seems very mature and calm. Different to the greatly talented knob he previously was.

oldmancraigy

Coach

To be honest, I don't have a problem with it.

I don't understand the nerd rage?
Grant admits after the game he knows he needs to do a better job of avoiding the kicker. There is no other way to stop players attacking the leg of the kicker and then complaining at the referee than to sin bin them.

Frankly, he should get a week off for dissent (putting his arms out).

He runs into the heel of the kicker and twists his leg, it is completely unnecessary and is equivalent to alte hit on a playmaker after they pass.

Also anything against the Storm is good and totally justified in my book. Damn cheats. And that 1 week off I suggested has nothing at all to do with who the Storm play next.....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
6 again rule has definitely made it a faster game. With less interruptions.

I would love to know though after 4 years with the 6-again rule are fans happy with it.

Some of them when they get handed out no one has any clue what for and cant tell the difference between one tackle and the next.

They don't have any time to have look and scrutinised the decisions and the players can't stop have to keep playing where sets are going longer.

There are some occasions you actually want the penalty to take the 2 points not just a 6-again.
And the most boring plays generally occur earlier in the count, so set restarts increase the frequency of this sort of play.

In general I don’t think increased fatigue improves the quality of footy played. It just degrades the quality of defence. But maybe most viewers can’t tell the difference?

If the defence is too good for the number of tries we want to see, maybe we’d be better off reducing the number of players on the field and going back to a slower game (similar to the NFL) than encouraging conditions where some defenders get worked over to the point they can’t keep up.

Endurance sports are generally really f**king dull, and rugby league has become this game perhaps more than ever.