What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
To b fair to Russell, I thought penisisi never gave him good ball to score
Absolutely agree but his workrate diminished greatly after a good start to the season. Interestingly his load increased exponentially in his one game in the 2s. Promotion and relegation appeared to work in his instance.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Gee its brave backflipping on Uncle Nick who can hold a grudge.

GC better be careful i reckon i know where the Roosters may be heading to get there next batch of Talent as a bit of revenge.

Palm Beach Currumbin may get a influx of roosters spotters shortly.
You have it wrong KG. The Brave Roosters pulled their offer and left Fifita pondering.

84 Baby

Referee
Some little birds just flew in and tell me that a Super League International winger has been granted a release from his Contract and is looking to hook up with an NRL club. Parra in the lead to sign him.
To be fair he’s walk in at moment, but I sure as f**k wouldn’t want him for that reason

eels_fan

First Grade
Bennett confirmed for the Rabbits
When we have a rookie coaching us in 2026 after BA is gone, we'll look back on this as the biggest missed opportunity in the history of the club

Wayne Bennett has agreed to terms on a $3 million, three-year deal after meeting with South Sydney officials in Brisbane on Monday.
The deal has not been signed, but Rabbitohs officials flew to Queensland on Monday to work out the terms of his agreement.
South Sydney powerbrokers have lined up a meeting with Bennett at Magic Round this weekend where it is expected he will put pen to paper on a contract that will see him return to Sydney next season.
Sources with knowledge of the situation not authorised to speak about it publicly told this masthead the deal includes performance bonuses aligned with South Sydney’s results on the field.

Rabbitohs officials are reluctant to celebrate the deal given Bennett’s history of 11th-hour changes, most famously reneging on verbal agreements to previously join the Sydney Roosters, and a second stint at the St George Illawarra.
Rabbitohs chief executive Blake Solly led the negotiations and was one of several South Sydney officials to meet with Bennett earlier this week.

The Rabbitohs are expected to formally announce the deal after their meeting with Bennett during Magic Round.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
When we have a rookie coaching us in 2026 after BA is gone, we'll look back on this as the biggest missed opportunity in the history of the club

Wayne Bennett has agreed to terms on a $3 million, three-year deal after meeting with South Sydney officials in Brisbane on Monday.
The deal has not been signed, but Rabbitohs officials flew to Queensland on Monday to work out the terms of his agreement.
South Sydney powerbrokers have lined up a meeting with Bennett at Magic Round this weekend where it is expected he will put pen to paper on a contract that will see him return to Sydney next season.
Sources with knowledge of the situation not authorised to speak about it publicly told this masthead the deal includes performance bonuses aligned with South Sydney’s results on the field.

Rabbitohs officials are reluctant to celebrate the deal given Bennett’s history of 11th-hour changes, most famously reneging on verbal agreements to previously join the Sydney Roosters, and a second stint at the St George Illawarra.
Rabbitohs chief executive Blake Solly led the negotiations and was one of several South Sydney officials to meet with Bennett earlier this week.

The Rabbitohs are expected to formally announce the deal after their meeting with Bennett during Magic Round.
But but but but stability!!

King-Gutho94

Coach

3 million seems unders he could have forced them to pay 1.5m a season as they are super desperate right now Souths.

As Wayne could have waited and not rushed the decision I reckon the cowboys job could open up by the end of the year which is better suited for Wayne and QLD side.

Cloeel

Juniors
3 million seems unders he could have forced them to pay 1.5m a season as they are super desperate right now Souths.

As Wayne could have waited and not rushed the decision I reckon the cowboys job could open up by the end of the year which is better suited for Wayne and QLD side.

Why do you think that?

Nothing in the media suggests that Wayne was in any sort of demand? (Apart from Souths)

The only comments made about him have been Souths confirming they want him and Parra saying we are not currently interested.

There doesn't seem to have been that much demand from him... Unless other clubs have thrown there hat in the ring that we do not know about.

King-Gutho94

Coach
According to some merkins there hasn’t been a better available coach since 2014.
Bennett was never coming back to Sydney was the excuse i heard for the last 6-12 months.

I am sure the next excuse will be he was never going to come here so why would we bother chasing him which is a load of BS.

Why would he bother when we showed no interest and confirmed it as much 2 weeks ago.

A ruthless club would go about it efficiently and effectively if a better coach would become available you go & pursue it.

Its not like BA could whinge if he got the flick now we didn't give him a fair go.

Unfortunately we have gone from a political shitbed of self interest on the board to a board that is now asleep and leading us back into the abyss.

Can we find a happy medium one day please.

Noise

Coach
Bennett was never coming back to Sydney was the excuse i heard for the last 6-12 months.

I am sure the next excuse will be he was never going to come here so why would we bother chasing him which is a load of BS.

Why would he bother when we showed no interest and confirmed it as much 2 weeks ago.

A ruthless club would go about it efficiently and effectively if a better coach would become available you go & pursue it.

Its not like BA could whinge if he got the flick now we didn't give him a fair go.

Unfortunately we have gone from a political shitbed of self interest on the board to a board that is now asleep and leading us back into the abyss.

Can we find a happy medium one day please.
Might dig up some Bennett is not coming back to Sydney posts.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Why do you think that?

Nothing in the media suggests that Wayne was in any sort of demand? (Apart from Souths)

The only comments made about him have been Souths confirming they want him and Parra saying we are not currently interested.

There doesn't seem to have been that much demand from him... Unless other clubs have thrown there hat in the ring that we do not know about.
My comments were Wayne could have told Souths if you want me to sign now well pay up. Souths would be more desperate to lock this in then Wayne.

Otherwise wayne could have been happy to wait 2 or 3 months and see what is available.

Cowboys have a decent roster i reckon Wayne could win a comp with in 2 years if he went there.

Payten has had 4 years won 1 final and lost a prelim final to a BA coached side at home.

Do you reckon he will survive unless they make the finals they have about 11-12 players playing them who have played Origin or International footy plus Drinkwater who was 18th man for NSW last year.