What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
Their TPAs are hardly going to be ‘arms length’ now that they’re official sponsors. How does this help us pay merkins outside the cap? Maybe the club doctor will bodgie up some mesothelioma diagnoses for players’ family members?
My reply was to the comment that we don't have wealthy sponsors lining up to sponsor us. We clearly do.

And as for TPA's, you don't think James Hardie have connections in the building / construction industry? Please...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The whole "I want to play centre" thing is a ploy by his manager to destabilise the club, and push for overs.

Kids all want to play fullback, as that is where they earn elite money.
And I don't think the centre spot is a certainty there either....the dragons have one centre spot locked up by Suli, then there is Bird.

Additionally they have a star junior centre in Buchanan (only 18 this year, always played up in reps, Australian school boy, did NRL pre season, now in flegg / played flegg last year at 17 ) who is only 12 months younger then Talagi. He is probably pushing for an NRL spot in the next 12 months if his development continues on its current path.

So there is some competition at the dragons.

If Talagi goes there.....,should target Buchanan who isn't locked into an NRL contract for next year yet.

Stevie

Bench
The whole "I want to play centre" thing is a ploy by his manager to destabilise the club, and push for overs.

I would hope any new coach tells him they whilst the money will be correct. He’ll have a full off season to stake his claim on winger, centre, fullback.

Hell if somehow he turns into a Hayne junior clone in the offseason then he deserves to be there! If he is an elite centre then he’ll push someone aside.

But he needs to commit to earning that right.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I would hope any new coach tells him they whilst the money will be correct. He’ll have a full off season to stake his claim on winger, centre, fullback.

Hell if somehow he turns into a Hayne junior clone in the offseason then he deserves to be there! If he is an elite centre then he’ll push someone aside.

But he needs to commit to earning that right.

Honestly, as talented as he is, if he chooses to leave, I won't be too cut up about it.

His defence, and his ability to defuse bombs, needs a lot of work, and as they always say - defence is about attitude.

It's time for him to step up, and show us he's worth the allegedly big dollars he is asking for, by working on his game.

If he doesn't, can't, or won't, then he can chase the dollar, as far as I'm concerned.

He's certainly not in he Jarryd Hayne/Jamie Lyon class of junior that you can tell early on they are going to be a superstar.

Talagi could be a NSW Origin regular, or he could be just another above-average First Grader - getting into a bidding war for him, on what he's displayed so far, is silly, imo.

hindy111

Post Whore
Honestly, as talented as he is, if he chooses to leave, I won't be too cut up about it.

His defence, and his ability to defuse bombs, needs a lot of work, and as they always say - defence is about attitude.

It's time for him to step up, and show us he's worth the allegedly big dollars he is asking for, by working on his game.

If he doesn't, can't, or won't, then he can chase the dollar, as far as I'm concerned.

He's certainly not in he Jarryd Hayne/Jamie Lyon class of junior that you can tell early on they are going to be a superstar.

Talagi could be a NSW Origin regular, or he could be just another above-average First Grader - getting into a bidding war for him, on what he's displayed so far, is silly, imo.

I really think he looks special and am confused why others are questioning him. He creates space everytime he touches the ball close to the line. His defense was never going to be any good untill 2026. He just physically doesn't have the body for it.
Let him full out and gain experience in one position.
I also call bullshit on him wanting to be a centre. Every player knows fullback is where the best money is behind Halfback.

hindy111

Post Whore
Their TPAs are hardly going to be ‘arms length’ now that they’re official sponsors. How does this help us pay merkins outside the cap? Maybe the club doctor will bodgie up some mesothelioma diagnoses for players’ family members?

Fairly sure JH set their company up in the USA so they can't be sued anymore in Australia didn't they? I remember selling mine for $6 prior. Now the f**kn things are close to $50
f**k you

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

once again, merkin Moses doing what he does best, destablize clubs by being greedy and gobbling up cap space

f**k me he is a blight on the game, no doubt he is behind this

84 Baby

Referee
I really think he looks special and am confused why others are questioning him. He creates space everytime he touches the ball close to the line. His defense was never going to be any good untill 2026. He just physically doesn't have the body for it.
Let him full out and gain experience in one position.
I also call bullshit on him wanting to be a centre. Every player knows fullback is where the best money is behind Halfback.
I think he’s few years away from being a fullback but as I said preseason he’s good enough this year to be our centre. His tackling hasn’t been great (I wonder if outside noise had any affect on that…) but who really gives a shit this year anymore.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he's 18 ffs, he's not going to be an NRL quality defender till he plays a lot more NRL and not in the spine till he earns it