What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
Agree. But imo you don't ever win comps this way. Only win them via a good representation of juniors or players needing a chance rather then buying established stars. Just my opinion but.

And it's a valid opinion.

And I'd prefer we retained him.

But if he were to leave, I'm sure someone else would step up, like Ethyn Martin, for example.

I think Talagi could well be our long-term fullback, like BA said.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think you’re assuming a link between the size of the sponsor and the scope of the sponsorship.

Mate James Hardie will transform us. They are a huge company and they'll have contacts don't worry about that. In 5yrs we are going to transform into a powerhouse.
I'd say this company wants a more well spoken leader. And one who wears shoes etc. This will be a big part in who we pick as coach.
Exciting times ahead.

On BA best of luck. Hey we made finals 5/11yrs. Probably 6 if wasn't for 2016 salary cap. It's been a nice period.
Never once did I ever feel we had a chance of winning a grand final under his tenure but I sure did enjoy that 5yrs period where we consistently where playing finals.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Agree. But imo you don't ever win comps this way. Only win them via a good representation of juniors or players needing a chance rather then buying established stars. Just my opinion but.
Not if you have to pay your juniors the same as established stars anyway. Do you really reckon Talagi should be getting north of 400 if Lomax is only getting 650?

hindy111

Post Whore
Not if you have to pay your juniors the same as established stars anyway. Do you really reckon Talagi should be getting north of 400 if Lomax is only getting 650?

I don't think he will get north of that. I reckon he will get a 3yr deal that averages 400k
Probably 300k 400k 500k
Worth the risk yes. I reckon Penisini would be on 400k or more.

hindy111

Post Whore
And on Lomax he is having a great season so far. 10 games. Prior his last 2yrs have been very very poor
I'd say worthy of about 400k Max. So at 650k it's agamble also. We are banking on him to stay in current form. And what's that even worth? I'd say 750k MAX for a centre. We are taking just as big a risk on him as he is on us.

King-Gutho94

Coach
And on Lomax he is having a great season so far. 10 games. Prior his last 2yrs have been very very poor
I'd say worthy of about 400k Max. So at 650k it's agamble also. We are banking on him to stay in current form. And what's that even worth? I'd say 750k MAX for a centre. We are taking just as big a risk on him as he is on us.
I think his best footy is ahead of him.

He has always had potential and he had 2 dopes in McGregor & Griffin stifling his flair for 5-6 years.

Flanagan just lets him play footy and look at the change.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think his best footy is ahead of him.

He has always had potential and he had 2 dopes in McGregor & Griffin stifling his flair for 5-6 years.

Flanagan just lets him play footy and look at the change.

I don't disagree but I've seen us sign big names with huge potential only for it to go pear shaped.
If he stays in current form he is worth 750k. But to say we got him cheap? I don't think so of he plays wing or centre. Yes if he evolved into one of the games best fullbacks. He comes with some risk. And that is bar the last 10 games he has been wildly inconsistent.

emjaycee

Coach
I don't disagree but I've seen us sign big names with huge potential only for it to go pear shaped.
If he stays in current form he is worth 750k. But to say we got him cheap? I don't think so of he plays wing or centre. Yes if he evolved into one of the games best fullbacks. He comes with some risk. And that is bar the last 10 games he has been wildly inconsistent.
If he plays wing, scores 20+ games in the season and kicks at >85% he is probably worth $750k

Eelogical

Referee
EEL’S CONTRACT CONFUSION

Queensland Origin hopeful J’maine Hopgood is baulking at signing an Eels extension in the wake of coach Brad Arthur’s sacking.

Sport Confidential understands Parramatta have tabled a two-year upgrade to keep Hopgood at the club until the end of 2027.

Hopgood is off-contract at the end of next season and the Eels are moving swiftly to prevent the 25-year-old heading to free agency from November 1 in the wake of his impressive form over the past two years.

But the Hervey Bay product wants clarity over Parramatta’s coaching position before he commits to a new deal.

Like many Eels players, Hopgood had great respect for Arthur, who has shown great class since his sacking, lauding the support of the Parramatta squad.

While he is a Queenslander, Hopgood is content at the Eels, but wants to know Parramatta’s plans for their next coach before he rushes into signing a new deal.

Fair enough. But if he doesn't like who the new coach is then it's better that he f**ks off asap rather than hanging around on decent coin as well as taking up cap space. Straight cut, no crinkle chips.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Having another FG option and GK option adds more value i reckon.

I havent even seen Moses nail a 2 pt FG yet & Lomax has already kicked 2 this year.

hindy111

Post Whore
Having another FG option and GK option adds more value i reckon.

I havent even seen Moses nail a 2 pt FG yet & Lomax has already kicked 2 this year.

How often do you need a 2 point field goal to win a game and it comes off? I only ever remember one that Nathan kicked and they still lost. Maybe Latrells hit one.
We have Moses as a gun goal kicker. A back up options nice but kinda irrelevant most the time

Wally21

Bench
That’s the question isn’t it?! The money thrown around is on potential. It doesn’t seem fair in some way, but not surprised unfortunately

Latest posts