What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
I have zero interest in that merkin. He won a comp with a gem roster and did great with an on fire NZ squad.

Awesome.

But when his Souths team found themselves in the doldrums or he got his mitts on the shitty West Tigers squad, he did f**k all. Was incapable of extracting inspirational efforts or converting cheapie squad players into great players.

He is an uninspiring choice. Should have kept BA.
Madge may have been the answer in 2019 if we sacked BA then after a spoon in 2018 & Madge came to Parra instead of the Tigers

He may have got us over the line but i dont think he isn't the answer now.

I dont think the roster where its at currently suits Madge at all.

He came in at Souths in 2012 with a young roster underachieving, Sam Burgess about to his prime & Greg Inglis close enough to his peak.

He also got lucky Steve Kearney did them a massive favour by deciding to give Chris Sandow his "Alan Bond" moment in 2011 and come to Parra.

So when Madge arrived Adam Reynolds was waiting in the wings as a rookie in his first year coming off an ACL when madge started and steer the ship with Greg Inglis moving into the fullback role as well.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s relevant because the whole conversation started from a comment saying we don’t have wealthy sponsors ffs. We obviously do.
I would assume they meant wealthy supporters. It’s self-evident that any company with enough cash to throw at an NRL club is objectively wealthy. A charitable or good faith reading of “we don’t have wealthy sponsors” is to ask what they meant. I think it’s obvious what they meant.
And I already said that they would have good connections we can utilize for TPAs
I really really hope so. And if the fact that JH is much bigger than Aland means that the sponsorship is also much bigger, then that extra cash should be able to help our NRL side. In at least an indirect way, through increased funding of pathways.
You have literally agreed with everything I have said but somehow argued the point for a while before getting there
I mistakenly assumed you were trying to make a point about the size of the sponsorship, rather than scoring a gotcha over some merkin’s poorly worded comment.

Noise

Coach
I would assume they meant wealthy supporters. It’s self-evident that any company with enough cash to throw at an NRL club is objectively wealthy. A charitable or good faith reading of “we don’t have wealthy sponsors” is to ask what they meant. I think it’s obvious what they meant.

Yea it’s easy to confuse the word sponsor with supporter ffs.

Eelogical

Referee
I have zero interest in that merkin. He won a comp with a gem roster and did great with an on fire NZ squad.

Awesome.

But when his Souths team found themselves in the doldrums or he got his mitts on the shitty West Tigers squad, he did f**k all. Was incapable of extracting inspirational efforts or converting cheapie squad players into great players.

He is an uninspiring choice. Should have kept BA.
NSW are about the get reamed by QLD, too.

Avenger

Immortal
Agree. f**k Madge
If he breaks his contract with NSW to coach us after basically doing that to NZ to take up the NSW job he will not look like a man of his word.

If he does it and fails with us, his coaching credentials will suffer significantly and because he has burnt his bridges at state and national level he may be forced into early retirement.

I've always thought that he comes across as a bit dopey and over the top. He has never impressed me with his communication, appeared that he had anger management issues. Tales of Tigertown gave the public plenty of ammunition to agree with this assertion.

Eelogical

Referee
If he breaks his contract with NSW to coach us after basically doing that to NZ to take up the NSW job he will not look like a man of his word.

If he does it and fails with us, his coaching credentials will suffer significantly and because he has burnt his bridges at state and national level he may be forced into early retirement.

I've always thought that he comes across as a bit dopey and over the top. He has never impressed me with his communication, appeared that he had anger management issues. Tales of Tigertown gave the public plenty of ammunition to agree with this assertion.
Maybe we need an X factor coach.

Noise

Coach

Yep a terrible look bailing on NZ and then NSW under contract back to back.

I know Tales of Tiger town painted everything in a bad light but there were a few specific moments that stood out to me that indicated his whole coaching style was on emotion and ‘feel’ rather than rugby league iq.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
I don't think there is any. I still rate Todd Payten, I think he would be a realistic option. He needs a change and perhaps he can bring some players with him. BA would definitely get the gig up there.
He didn’t break his contract with NZ they flicked him because of perceived conflict of interest. Which btw I reckon was a dopey decision given he just got them to the top of the game

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
Yep a terrible look bailing on NZ and then NSW under contract back to back.

I know Tales of Tiger town painted everything in a bad light but there were a few specific moments that stood out to me that indicated his whole coaching style was on emotion and ‘feel’ rather than rugby league iq.
See comment above he didn’t bail on NZ quite the opposite

not that I’m suggesting he should get the gig … I like him for the blues reckon he will go well and cheika would be a very exciting option for the eels

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't think there is any. I still rate Todd Payten, I think he would be a realistic option. He needs a change and perhaps he can bring some players with him. BA would definitely get the gig up there.
The Cows defence is as bad as the Eels. It's been shithouse for 18 months.

The Lustre has definitely worn off his bald dome.

Latest posts