What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
Im on the fence about the JH sponsorship.
Sure, big company worldwide, and you cant turn down money as a sporting team.
But f**k me, their name is mud to most Australians.
I asked a friend, who is only a fringe league fan, yesterday what the name james hardie means. Asbestos.
I understand what your saying but I think you will find 75-80% of sporting sponsorships have some baggage with them or pick them apart morally.

Qantas, Gambling companies, Alcohol companies, Smoking Companies, Fast food companies just to begin with.

Like where do we draw the line. Otherwise there would be barely any sponsorship dollars in sport.

Glenneel

Bench
Thoughts on Michael Cheika?
Looking at all the candidates he looks a strong prospect with a few provisos. Apparently a very good man manager, which is what we need to put some mongrel and self belief in the players, but needs good assistants. His knowledge of NRL probably limited so scour NRL for good attacking and defensive coaches preferably in higher profile teams. That is what Bennett does very successfully over a long period of time.

The club imo appears to be broken and we need a strong personality to correct it. My hope is that he'd assess the roster and retain or sack those not amiable to his strategy. Hopefully build the club from the bottom up by putting a new broom thru organisation, from juniors up. Strengthen the roster by looking for promising juniors from other teams in positions we're weak in. That, imo, would rejuvenate to club and put it on a path to success. A little bit of pain for long term gain.

hindy111

Post Whore
Im on the fence about the JH sponsorship.
Sure, big company worldwide, and you cant turn down money as a sporting team.
But f**k me, their name is mud to most Australians.
I asked a friend, who is only a fringe league fan, yesterday what the name james hardie means. Asbestos.

Yeah I agree. Most people just link them to the whole Asbestosis issue. Where they the only company who made it? I don't know really

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, that's how you choose to live your life and that's fine. Not all mega-corporations engage in this level of stuff though. A football team is a football team. People's lives are a different matter, and I value them more highly.

It's more so that I (1) can't make a difference with how the conduct themselves, and (2) am not going to pretend to know the inner workings of how they operate.

All I care about with regards to James Hardie, is that they're a huge company, and a massive coup for this club.

strider

Post Whore
I understand what your saying but I think you will find 75-80% of sporting sponsorships have some baggage with them or pick them apart morally.

Qantas, Gambling companies, Alcohol companies, Smoking Companies, Fast food companies just to begin with.

Like where do we draw the line. Otherwise there would be barely any sponsorship dollars in sport.
well TBH I probably couldn't even tell you what half the NRL sponsors do unless I googled it ...... at least we will have some recognition :p

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
well i think we all thought he might be the next james bond at one point
22c35b9dcb34b4fab5b36aa04a02ab9f.gif

Latest posts