What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
It’s more the fact he and his crim management appear to be holding the club hostage , in regards to his first negotiation, considering not long ago he was barely an itch in daddy’s pants, he should shut the fk up and understand the privileged position he is in, and be grateful his been given an opportunity in first, he rubs me up the wrong way and the bias in me would be bothered if he decided to fk off, just my opinion

True but think of Haze Dunster. Imagine he didn't sign his contract when he did. Atleast he probably made 750-900k.
A freak accident but the same could happen to any player so I mean if it did it isn't like a clubs going to say here is a million dollars. They'd throw you in the scrap heap. You gotta strike when the irons hot. That's business.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hard to imagine Lomax changing sides and still staying on a wing but I feel like this backline would be handy enough.

7. Moses
6. Brown
5. Simmonson
4. Penisini
3. Gutherson
2. Lomax
1. Talagi

90k extra playing origin may help him wanting to stay there. What is he 24? He could play another 5 or 6 origin series there. That's 500k+
At centre there is a lot more competion.

hindy111

Post Whore
Everyone's got Talagi on some type of pedestal imo, which the actions of his manager and Talagi in refusing his player option no doubt helped create ina bid to boost contract offers.

He wouldn't have gotten a go in our first choice backline were it not for injuries, and while he has (attacking) talent, imo he's not yet a first grade talent. Talagi has more development work (in defense) to do in Cup (once he and his manager make up their minds what position they think he wants to play, and it that accords with our club's needs), and imo he should play there - at least until he commits to a 2025-onward contract with the Eels.

Russell and Simonsson > Talagi for mine in first grade, at this stage.

If we where a finals chance id agree with you but we are not. I rather build for the future and blood the kids. Guys like Morretti,Grieg,Guymer,Hands,Boods,Doorey should all be given priority over journeymen like Lussick & Makatoa.

Stevie

Bench
Hard to imagine Lomax changing sides and still staying on a wing but I feel like this backline would be handy enough.

7. Moses
6. Brown
5. Simmonson
4. Penisini
3. Gutherson
2. Lomax
1. Talagi
It possibly is but I agree it may be a challenge. I wonder if he softens his attitude when he plays Origin as a winger?

I mean he has a chance to be To’o level or better with his long range field goal, bomb taking and ball playing.

So maybe, just maybe that’s a possibility??

hindy111

Post Whore
That's not good value imo. Sadly, I think Gutho has to go...

He's gotta go....
I think he plays 2025 but no extension will be offered untill maybe rnd 15 if he is playing well. If he can play well another side may take a punt on him for 2yrs at 500k. I don't think it will be us.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I saw him in Flegg last year. He was a twig and dominated easily. In one off season he put on atleast 5kgs and a heap of strength.
One more off season and he may add another 5kgs and 15% strength. At his age these things happen fast. There is also 60% of this season to play so he will keep gaining experience.
I can't see him not improving to the point where is isn't in the side. He will be a different player in 12mths time.

You're probably right.

But right now, at full strength, he is not better than Gutherson, Sivo, Simonsson, Penisini, Russell, or Brown.

He may well turn out to be, but right now, he isn't.

84 Baby

Referee
You're probably right.

But right now, at full strength, he is not better than Gutherson, Sivo, Simonsson, Penisini, Russell, or Brown.

He may well turn out to be, but right now, he isn't.
I would say at full FORM he’s not better than those players but so far this season none of them are anywhere near acceptable form. And if we’re going to base it off the potential of those players, we also have to factor in Talagi’s potential.
Even with all his bomb drops and arm grabs, I have Talagi ahead of Sivo & Russell in terms of output.
In terms of value for salary, I have him ahead of Brown and at least on par with Penisini.
In terms of future, he’s ahead of Gutherson.
Simonsson is probably slightly ahead because he isn’t heaps expensive and as dumb as he can be, he puts in at least. But also that’s a nonfactor because I doubt he’s resigned.
I have Lomax ahead of all of them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It possibly is but I agree it may be a challenge. I wonder if he softens his attitude when he plays Origin as a winger?

I mean he has a chance to be To’o level or better with his long range field goal, bomb taking and ball playing.

So maybe, just maybe that’s a possibility??
Wing is definitely his position, and it is at least as important as centre.

TheCrowe

Juniors
Talagi no doubt has talent and he is a junior, not down on him as such but his manager is trying to screw us.
If he refuses our offer then we poach someone else. Watching the Broncos v titans highlights. If you think Blaize has some footwork the Josiah Karapani is freaking Fred Astaire.