What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No, you totally ignored my last post. You cannot make blanket statements about options unless you have intimate knowledge of the terms of each contract. These are not proforma documents with mirrored terms.

If I entertain your generalisation for a moment, why would Storm offer Harry Grant a player option or Roosters with The Cheese ? I I apply the same conclusions without actual knowledge of the contracts, then it must be the case that the Storm and Roosters are fools and have been bent over.

The answer really with all contract negotiations, whether they contain opinions or otherwise , is that the club will hold the cards IF they remain competitive and a desirable club for the best players. Players want a good environment, the chance to play rep footy and win a comp. Ultimately they will sign for less.

Have we slipped from the mantle since 2022, yes however we just signed Lomax, so that suggests that we are still a super model (who maybe just needs to hit the gym).

I totally get your view that the benefit has swayed away from us, however if that is indeed true, it is very fixable.
I don’t think he’s saying there is no benefit to the club. Just that the benefit to the player (potentially) occurs after the contract is signed, while the benefit to the club is realised at that point.

oldmancraigy

Coach
The advantage is always with the option holder because they decide whether the option triggers or not regardless of whatever other terms are in it. They may be mitigating terms for the other party, but that’s mitigation, not benefit.
I'm not sure why this is so hard for people to understand.

Another way of referring to it is "an option in the players favour".

It kind of speaks for itself... the option itself is always in the favour of the one it favours (by definition)

oldmancraigy

Coach
I don’t think he’s saying there is no benefit to the club. Just that the benefit to the player (potentially) occurs after the contract is signed, while the benefit to the club is realised at that point.

But it is impossible to know if it benefited the club in the first place.
In sports where contracts are more transparent, the part before the option can be triggered doesn't always favour the other party (club/ player or player/ club).

Gazzamatta

Coach

King-Gutho94

Coach
Who was on the sideline for Fox on the Parra game on Saturday was it Car Bonnet Lover Hooper or Jake Duke.

I haven't watched a replay to hear who was on the sideline.

emjaycee

Coach
I'm not sure why this is so hard for people to understand.

Another way of referring to it is "an option in the players favour".

It kind of speaks for itself... the option itself is always in the favour of the one it favours (by definition)
Should you include a question mark or two, or are you satisfied that you are stating facts, and not opinions?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the article mentioned the camera man

^^^

The Parramatta Eels have lodged a formal complaint to Fox Sports over an alleged incident between a cameraman and a mascot.

While details surrounding the nature of the incident are scarce, Venues NSW are also investigating, according to Nine's Danny Weidler.

It's not clear when the incident occurred or exactly what happened.

"They're not happy about the treatment of the mascot by a Fox Sports cameraman and it's something they're following through," Weidler said on 100% Footy on Monday night.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah, the article mentioned the camera man

^^^

The Parramatta Eels have lodged a formal complaint to Fox Sports over an alleged incident between a cameraman and a mascot.

While details surrounding the nature of the incident are scarce, Venues NSW are also investigating, according to Nine's Danny Weidler.

It's not clear when the incident occurred or exactly what happened.

"They're not happy about the treatment of the mascot by a Fox Sports cameraman and it's something they're following through," Weidler said on 100% Footy on Monday night.
FFS Joe the camerman is back after 25 years.

What did he say to Sparkles or Sparkie to insult them was it that they couldn't pass or couldn't tackle.

He could have been talking about the 13 players out on the field wearing Blue jerseys.