What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
Would you risk him? I can’t cop a bloke who bashes women full stop. So it would be a no from me
If the merkin turned up for a trial with that ridiculous neck tattoo that would tell me everything I need to know about his intellect. The red pen would be out quick smart. Everything else he's accused of to date just reinforces the lack of grey matter....

gaffer

Juniors
They might be 50 out when they catch the kick, but the 1st tackle would be made closer to the 30. By 3rd tackle they'd almost be at the 10. So I guess it's a trade off of 3 less tackles on your line vs a chance at getting the ball back
but with a team like Parra their defence is shit so why put youself under the pump on a 50/50 chance you might get the ball

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We sometimes see Junior play exactly the way he needs to - why only sometimes and how do we get him to do that more often?
He plays different roles, seemingly dependent on the opposition. So he might run out wide if there’s an edge worth targeting whereas against a team with two strong edges he will stay in the middle and maximise his yardage game.

But his attacking effectiveness really depends on his workload in defence. If we don’t hold the ball, Paulo becomes a non factor.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That is a great question, and is for the coaching staff to answer, but I would think it starts with a good defensive coach teaching the team a system that works for them and they can trust. Where they can make a defensive decision and know if it doesn’t work that they have a backup.

once we get that and the side is defending better you might see big hits form our forwards.
The quality of your edge defence is largely dictated by the effort from the inside defenders.

lucablight

First Grade
He plays different roles, seemingly dependent on the opposition. So he might run out wide if there’s an edge worth targeting whereas against a team with two strong edges he will stay in the middle and maximise his yardage game.

But his attacking effectiveness really depends on his workload in defence. If we don’t hold the ball, Paulo becomes a non factor.
We’ve had superior possession to the opposition in our last five games and won one of them. Against the Storm it was 50-50 but we got whacked 48-16. Even having superior possession isnt enough in recent times.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Brian Smith basically started the JETS programme, he was always around the junior set up and never hesitated to promote juniors. Plus he was very active in signing players, knew his stuff
That was the head coach’s job back then because there was nobody else to do it. These days head coaches have a more limited role.

DaveMc

Juniors