What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agree. Kicking it deep doesn’t really accomplish much. Obviously coaches think that a coin toss opportunity to get the ball back is worth it.

I agree with this. They have totally removed the risk for the team dropping out.

They have also removed the reward to the attacking team for getting a repeat set. Short kicks into the in-goal on T5 now means that there is a 50/50 chance of a repeat set.
This is all true but are repeat sets really what we want to see? It might’ve hurt possession-based teams more than others but it’s good that they’re trying to remove these shithouse grindy aspects from the game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You might not be so sure if you saw their PDs or spoke to those who hire them!
Oh I’m sure the shared responsibility model is alive and well in NRL clubs as much as it is in other modern orgs. We all need to collaborate and success is everyone’s responsibility. It works fine when things are going well but as soon as they don’t there’s suddenly too many cooks and all the others are to blame. My point is back in the day the head coach had final say on football operations. Now it’s just training programs and team selections. All other responsibilities are shared with other club staff.

Latest posts