What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Stevie

Bench
Channel 9 reporting Matto has now been told by the club he is free to leave “and probably best if he leaves”. He’s sign till end of 26 on 600 a year the report says.
f**king Bravo Ryles!

King-Gutho94

Coach
Channel 9 reporting Matto has now been told by the club he is free to leave “and probably best if he leaves”. He’s sign till end of 26 on 600 a year the report says.
f**king Bravo Ryles!
No one is touching Matto for 650k a year he is on.

How much are we prepared to chip in will be the main issue.

Matto at best would probably only command 450-500k a year atm.

That would mean chipping in 150-200k a year for 2 years for him to leave.

Avenger

Immortal
Can Lane be turned into a prop playing off the bench? I know he is doing better as a middle but if he gets his fitness and confidence back, he could do a job for us.

Chipmunk

Coach
Unfortunately, I think at present Matterson is part of the on-field 'glue' that just makes us win games. I think if he leaves he needs to be replaced by someone (who something - see below) who brings a stronger 'glue' to the on-field dynamics.

Gutho at fullback is in the same 'glue' category, if he plays in another position, then we likely need to add more 'glue' somewhere else.

It's a dam wall situation.

Having said that, if we had team systems like every decent f**ken side in the comp, then that could actually be the 'glue' needed instead.

To be honest, I would've punted Matterson during the off season after the Grand Final for his decision to accept the 3 match ban. It may not have been the sole reason for our demise, but it was certainly the exact point it started.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Unfortunately, I think at present Matterson is part of the on-field 'glue' that just makes us win games. I think if he leaves he needs to be replaced by someone (who something - see below) who brings a stronger 'glue' to the on-field dynamics.

Gutho at fullback is in the same 'glue' category, if he plays in another position, then we likely need to add more 'glue' somewhere else.

Having said that, if we had team systems like every decent f**ken side in the comp, then that could actually be the 'glue' needed instead.

To be honest, I would've punted Matterson during the off season after the Grand Final for his decision to accept the 3 match ban. It may not have been the sole reason for our demise, but it was certainly the exact point it started
Its a massive sliding doors that could have been so avoided.

You could argue since that moment a sense of selfishness has spread into this group of players the moment Matto decided to take the ban.

There wasnt an issue of selfishness or entitlement on our way to a GF it only crept in post it.

Started with one of our so called leaders being a tight-arse.

Imagine having Matterson out there instead of Momoisea or Murchie for round 1-3 last year on games decided by goal kicking with two of them high scoring.

If Matterson plays those games i deadset reckon we jag 2 wins in that period and 2023 is a completely different season altogether.

Avenger

Immortal
Its a massive sliding doors that could have been so avoided.

You could argue since that moment a sense of selfishness has spread into this group of players the moment Matto decided to take the ban.

There wasnt an issue of selfishness or entitlement on our way to a GF it only crept in post it.

Started with one of our so called leaders being a tight-arse.

Imagine having Matterson out there instead of Momoisea or Murchie for round 1-3 last year on games decided by goal kicking with two of them high scoring.

If Matterson plays those games i deadset reckon we jag 2 wins in that period and 2023 is a completely different season altogether.
I’m glad shit turned out like this otherwise Arthur would have been extended and my PTSD would have been further triggered.

He left this club in a hole and the amount of wind still blown up his arse is astonishing. Absolute one dimensional thief of a coach.

Gronk

Staff member

let it go GIF

pazzaeel

Juniors

To be honest, I would've punted Matterson during the off season after the Grand Final for his decision to accept the 3 match ban. It may not have been the sole reason for our demise, but it was certainly the exact point it started.
sorry - which games are we "winning"??

King-Gutho94

Coach
I’m glad shit turned out like this otherwise Arthur would have been extended and my PTSD would have been further triggered.

He left this club in a hole and the amount of wind still blown up his arse is astonishing. Absolute one dimensional thief of a coach.
If we get the spoon this year he will be a 2 x winning wooden spoon coach.

We would have won 2 x spoons & 4 x finals wins in 11 years.

Half the amount of spoons to finals wins in his tenure.

It's pathetic.

Yet Perth are chasing him to build a club from the ground up.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If we get the spoon this year he will be a 2 x winning wooden spoon coach.

We would have won 2 x spoons & 4 x finals wins in 11 years.

Half the amount of spoons to finals wins in his tenure.

It's pathetic.

Yet Perth are chasing him to build a club from the ground up.
The media have a lot to answer for, building the bald fraud into some super coach. Simply laughable.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

I wish I could like this post more than once.

Avenger

Immortal
The media have a lot to answer for, building the bald fraud into some super coach. Simply laughable.
And there is plenty of evidence of creating clicks in the team. Nathan Brown is an example. Also the N word will always be associated with his sons and the Rouse Hill feeder team.

I blame him for his older son’s demise, everyone could see he wasn’t ready and didn’t have what it takes and I don’t have high hopes for the other to be honest even though for our sake I hope he turns into at least an upgraded Matt Keating.

TheCrowe

Juniors
I like that Fletcher Sharpe kid, the Knights have 2 in front of him but he’s electric. Hope we can pinch someone!

1 Sharpe
2 Lomax
3 Penisini
4 Gutherson
5 Talagi

I’d love us to pinch another proper fullback/wing/centre.
Conor Votano is who we need to pinch but Id take Sharpe. A.Johns claimed Sharpe could be a generational player.

Latest posts