What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah but the continued berating of it given BA is no longer here is how we wind up with Blacktown being a feeder for Manly, or Hills players heading to Souths.
Fix the pathways sure but don’t throw the baby out. There’ll be decent players from the Rhinos in the future
No one is saying that all, but at least a few other clubs in the district might finally get a look in.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
There’s no coincidence this has happened the minute Ryles has started examining things. Clearly he will not tolerate merkins who don’t want to be here. I like his iron hand so far.

that's a big "if"

the media release from the club didn't mention Ryles, we don't even know if he is involved yet, not officially anyway

84 Baby

Referee
How else were they supposed to sack him?

You couldn't let him coach out the rest of the year. Especially if the new coach was going to come in and do a clean out while the old coach is still around the joint ..

Maybe the club needed to sack him at the end of last year but we're silly to give him a few more months to turn things around...
I think the whole “well actually we secretly approached Wayne months ago” was an absolute shithouse thing to do. BA for whatever he did or didn’t achieve at least deserved the respect of being told before he was sacked they were chasing Bennett or for them to at least take it to their graves.

Also lauding your failures isn’t exactly the strongest move in the game.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I think the whole “well actually we secretly approached Wayne months ago” was an absolute shithouse thing to do. BA for whatever he did or didn’t achieve at least deserved the respect of being told before he was sacked they were chasing Bennett or for them to at least take it to their graves.

Also lauding your failures isn’t exactly the strongest move in the game.
I don’t agree at all that they should have told BA prior to reaching out to Wayne. This is a business and he wasn’t performing. He absolutely knew he was on thin ice, well at least should have.

However, I agree they shouldn’t have come out publically and lauded their failure. Not because BA deserves different, it just made us look like amateurs.

Gazzamatta

Coach
There’s no coincidence this has happened the minute Ryles has started examining things. Clearly he will not tolerate merkins who don’t want to be here. I like his iron hand so far.
I'm sure Boods release would have been decided by Ryles. Obviously he dosent rate him or he dosent want a player who is still maturing.
I guess its a sign of the times but I can't see any universe where as a young apprentice, I would be agitating for a release from my Company's Management. He will probably go the way of Jake.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
No matter how you slice it, MA agitating for a release after being debuted in firsts is fairly weak. I can completely understand him being disappointed the old man got the flick. Who wouldn’t be? But not seeing out your contract; let alone committing to the club further with a new coach coming onboard isn’t a great look.

I’m all aboard the Ryles Revolution! Hasta La Victoria Siempre!

Tiger5150

Bench
Compare Ivan Cleary and his then upcoming son’s behaviour and their collective loyalty to their club when Ivan was brutally sacked at Penrith.

I rest my case.

Brad Arthur is a nasty, ungrateful and delusional nobody.
I reckon they always knew he was coming back

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So we let Rheed walk and sign a stop gap, busted replacement for 2 years because we had a long term plan.
We let Field etc walk as our back up half because we had a long term plan.
You couldn't make this sh*t up.
Ffs. Only at Parra!
Sanders isn’t going to Canberra to be a backup and he certainly wouldn’t have wanted to stay here as a backup. Josh Lynn looks like backup quality. He’s the one we need in our squad.

Latest posts