What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I was frothing at MON and the club when I first read this earlier today, like how could we let this happen?

But after stewing on it for a few hours and if its true that he has been sulking since his old man got the flick then see ya Boods, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I actually thought BA getting sacked was going to be the best thing for MA. There was now no pressure on BA to pick him (even though his form probably warranted giving him a run) and there was also now no extra pressure on MA to perform getting picked under Barrett i.e. no allusion of nepotism etc after what had happened to Jake.

The club still showed him respect and and gave him his debut this year, obviously trying to show the kid that the club still wanted him here and he was part of the future, but nope he wants to f**k off to Newcastle... good riddance.

If BA had any credibility he should of been telling MA to show faith in the club and that it was only a business decision etc.

Big pressure on the club now to get Blaize tied up.

Stevie

Bench
this is an example of why he and his brother left

seriously, how well do you know these kids ?
Find 1 bad thing I ever said about his brother! But after all we’ve done for him, if that little pissant wants to leave then I’m glad he’s gone. Been babied all his life with a golden ticket VIP nepotism and his dad leaves so he sulks like a little bitch.
He may well turn out to be a regular first grader but I will happily death ride his every breath.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is it only other NRL Clubs, or can he negotiate with Super League clubs?

What is the requirement. for an Australian player to play in the SL ?
They take up an import slot, of which I think ESL clubs have about six. Failing that they need UK citizenship. Prior to Brexit they could’ve had any EU passport, as well as countries designated in the Cotonou Agreement, which includes Pacific states like Fiji, Samoa and Tonga (but not Australia or NZ).

Theoretically, the ESL could still allow merkins with EU/etc passports to bypass foreign player limits, assuming they can get work permits. Non-UK players are still overrepresented in the Premier League, for example.

Avenger

Immortal
I was frothing at MON and the club when I first read this earlier today, like how could we let this happen?

But after stewing on it for a few hours and if its true that he has been sulking since his old man got the flick then see ya Boods, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I actually thought BA getting sacked was going to be the best thing for MA. There was now no pressure on BA to pick him (even though his form probably warranted giving him a run) and there was also now no extra pressure on MA to perform getting picked under Barrett i.e. no allusion of nepotism etc after what had happened to Jake.

The club still showed him respect and and gave him his debut this year, obviously trying to show the kid that the club still wanted him here and he was part of the future, but nope he wants to f**k off to Newcastle... good riddance.

If BA had any credibility he should of been telling MA to show faith in the club and that it was only a business decision etc.

Great post.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
… you don’t reckon BA leaving was significantly why MA is leaving?
Should we have kept BA to keep MA or easentially scrapheaped MA earlier by signing someone who’d have blocked his path?
There’s been a lot of hostility toward the Arthur family from our fanbase for years. If I was Jesse Arthars I wouldn’t be in a hurry to come to Parra.

Soto

Bench
Let's be honest it would've been difficult for him with his dad being punted however he is his own man now and his dad's career and employment really should have no impact on him. However given that's how they feel this may be a lack of maturity here.
Agree he will end up with one of BAs mates in obriem or siebold or follow dad wherever
Be grateful u were given an opportunity to play 1st grade probably ahead of time

King-Gutho94

Coach
Find 1 bad thing I ever said about his brother! But after all we’ve done for him, if that little pissant wants to leave then I’m glad he’s gone. Been babied all his life with a golden ticket VIP nepotism and his dad leaves so he sulks like a little bitch.
He may well turn out to be a regular first grader but I will happily death ride his every breath.
I can assure you Boods is no golden child like he may be portrayed by the TCT.

I have been told by multiple people whose kids are the same age as Boods he has been a spoiled brat coming through the ranks he is nothing like Jake who most say is the nicest kid you will ever meet.

Boods is a smartarse like a Reed Mahoney type of player on the field.

He wasn't afraid to pull don't you know who my father is card numerous times when he lost his shit

He can't play that card anymore

I am not surprised one bit he has wanted out since BA got the flick

Good riddance.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Dunno, how many? Ryley Smith isn’t exactly killing it. Meni f**king Luke is ahead of him.
What are you on about merkin??? Smith a bloke who we signed this year. I’m talking about other kids in the district who were told don’t bother Midget Matty is going nowhere.

Well nowhere while Daddy was at the club anyway.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Fancy telling your 19 year old son not to honour his contract.

Brad has shown the world who he truly is an utter flog.

84 Baby

Referee
I don’t agree at all that they should have told BA prior to reaching out to Wayne. This is a business and he wasn’t performing. He absolutely knew he was on thin ice, well at least should have.

However, I agree they shouldn’t have come out publically and lauded their failure. Not because BA deserves different, it just made us look like amateurs.
Maybe not told we chasing so and so but the fact BA was shocked by his dismissal is a failure on his employers. It’s awful management. Ryles being shocked he was given job to me says the downwards communication is virtually non existent.
And even if you don’t respect BA, every worker deserves the respect of being told how they are performing directly. If you are withholding that respect from one, it’s an easy perception that you’re withholding it from all current and future workers too.
Coming out saying they tried Bennett was trying to cover the shit sitting in their own pants by claiming BA did it.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah the board coming out and saying they chased Bennett publically was dumb.

But how else were they going to do it.

If they sacked him in November the critics would have said he made a GF 12 months earlier. Gee isn't it harsh on poor BA.

They even gave him every opportunity.

Where they stuffed up was not chasing Bennett last year before souths got a sniff.

And just poaching him telling BA your done after 2024. Up to you if you stay or go.

How do you sack a coach amicably especially when it was clear Brad wasn't going to be prepared walk away mutually.

JokerEel

Coach
Yeah the board coming out and saying they chased Bennett publically was dumb.

But how else were they going to do it.

If they sacked him in November the critics would have said he made a GF 12 months earlier. Gee isn't it harsh on poor BA.

They even gave him every opportunity.

Where they stuffed up was not chasing Bennett last year before souths got a sniff.

And just poaching him telling BA your done after 2024. Up to you if you stay or go.

How do you sack a coach amicably especially when it was clear Brad wasn't going to be prepared walk away mutually.

Yeah pretty dumb saying they chased Bennett should have just kept that quiet...

Tell BA in May he is gone they having Trent take over so when they sign a coach for 25 there is no weird times you both have to deal with players..